Atlantic Beach NC/ Morehead area

Started by patch1, August 15, 2008, 11:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patch1

I plan to be in Pine Knoll Shores over Labor Day.  Anybody got suggestions for wading the area?  Thanks for the help.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Woolly's reference offers some good suggestions if you want to travel down east. You can also find some good flats in Boque Sound close to where you're staying. Lots of private property along the sound in that area, but if you do some poking around you'll find some open access areas. For a quick peek at what the sod banks look like, visit the state aquarium during a high tide and go out back to the boardwalks along the marsh. You can sometimes see some drum tailing back in there.
New moon on the 30th should create some good tides with highs in morning and evening. Tip - watch where you wade. Some of those muck banks can be like quicksand.
I'll be down that way during the same time period, but I'm dragging the boat down this time. My son likes to chase the sharks. Good opportunity to anchor up, sit back, and drink some beer.  0--0

Good luck!
Have fun!

patch1

Good readin.  Thanks for the help.