News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Edisto

Started by tbird4, June 04, 2009, 08:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbird4

I am heading down to edisto for a week in july and was wondering if you guys had some tips.  I will be taking a 17' triumph center console.  I have never fished down there.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

mcanders

Thinking of fishing the old salt are you?  What kind of rod you gonna be throwing?

CR

I don't claim to have any real insight into the salt game, but I have fished the area and always manage to catch something. I am usually fishing off the kayak and paddle around until I find some shallow grassy "flats" looking areas. These spaces always hold some and you can do well sight casting to tailing fish and looking for "potholes" or deeper spots where fish can hold. I get into Redfish, small flounder and sea trout, but with the boat you may be able to get at some other fish. Shrimp and crab patterns are good worked slowly + clousers and decievers can produce stripped fast above the grass. The sea trout will go nuts for a popper or topwater fly at the right time, so make sure to take a few.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

A little guy from the last trip down.

Also watch the tides in a boat, you can get stuck easy.

"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

tbird4

Thanks bud, will do.

mcanders

Here's some I scanned, go to my photobucket page to open full size and save for viewing later.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mcanders

So how did we do? Any catches?

tbird4

7 trout 1 red i'll try to get the pics on here

mcanders

Cool, looking forward to the pics.