A good day @ the local pond

Started by Al, August 16, 2020, 19:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I teamed up with an active duty soldier for a try at the local pond this morning. Rain in past two days had raised the water at least a foot but it was clear and the bass were biting. First cool day we have had in a long time.

First fish on the tally sheet by old Al - caught on a Pop-R
You cannot view this attachment.

My soldier buddy was fishing a top water lure called a Wopper Popper which out fished me 2-1 - I need to look for one of those.

It was very overcast. So much so that I mistook the weeds for a fish :o .

Got'em next time!

We caught some pretty nice fish today - here is my best one. Maybe 3 pounds

My buddy thinks I am a good guide - told him where to cast and he came up with a 6-7 pounder. Biggest bass he had caught to date.

I caught the smallest fish of the day - hey they all count!

We ended the day with a total of 25 and probably could have caught more. Before we left the owner texted me and asked us to clear a couple of large logs that were clogging the spillway - Mission accepted. Got a little tricky but mission accomplished.

We made some memories - isn't that what life is all about?

Big J

That pond really gives up the goods Al.   V:;

itieuglyflies

Go Al.  Looks like a great pond with a healthy population of bass. Hard to miss seeing that push button reel now that's old school for sure.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Fin

QuoteMy soldier buddy was fishing a top water lure called a Wopper Popper which out fished me 2-1 - I need to look for one of those.

Whopper Plopper surprised me with my first musky last summer. Was casting for smallies.  Goofy name, killer plug.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Stone-Man

Good stuff Al-   I wanna see some bluegill out of that pond 

JT

troutrus

Nice report Al. 👍🏻  Always nice when your guest is able to get the big one.

Onslow

Quote from: Fin on August 17, 2020, 10:15:39 AM
QuoteMy soldier buddy was fishing a top water lure called a Wopper Popper which out fished me 2-1 - I need to look for one of those.

Whopper Plopper surprised me with my first musky last summer. Was casting for smallies.  Goofy name, killer plug.

I read somewhere that Whopper plopper was originally designed for Muskie fishing

Fin

QuoteI read somewhere that Whopper plopper was originally designed for Muskie fishing
I believe you are correct.  One of Larry Dahlberg's many creations.