News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

I'll try and post the salty

Started by walt, October 13, 2011, 19:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

life around Cape Lookout for the next few weeks. The Fins~n~Grins is adios M'ton, Hello sweet Harkers as I hit the road in search of albies and fresh caught dinner fare.

Here's a few teasers; Lighthouse and Jeff with some spottails from earlier this week..........

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

flatlander

Good deal Walt!  Looking forward to your reports...whack a few for me.

walt

here's a few from yesterday...... a very good day on both sides of the shoals.

a nice double

one of jeff's

one of willi's

and one of mine....

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

flatlander

walt

it has been boat rides. some nice and wet, the last few days. a big storm last wed/thur has churned the water up and i suspect the albies are way off shore in clean water.

we ran across a few way down atlantic beach a few miles off shore in clean water, a few casts, and they're gone....

picked up some real small blues around dead tree hole, that's about it from harkers.

pulled the boat out of the water for a good scrubbing and a buck a gallon cheaper gas at the station last night..... off to new bern this morning to get willi on his return flight home to colorado and than back at 'em this afternoon.... hopefully for some more of these....

— Cormac McCarthy

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

kylemc

It's a damn wonder Willi didn't catch them all.

walt

willi can't cast from 40, 000 feet up......but damn near.  :laugh:

here's a nice one from today, not to far, as the tern flies, from the Lighthouse.

— Cormac McCarthy

flatlander

Nice!  Looks like a pretty big fly.  Lot of big bait right now?

walt

flat, it was a 2/0 skok type fished deep about 25-30 feet with a 30' 500gr sink tip intermediate running line..... the son of a gun ripped off about 250 yds of gel spun before i could turn him..... you know the rush and you know the tug-of-war that ensued.

off at daylight for some more albie chasin'!
— Cormac McCarthy

flatlander

Quote from: walt on October 25, 2011, 05:10:03 AM
flat, it was a 2/0 skok type fished deep about 25-30 feet with a 30' 500gr sink tip intermediate running line..... the son of a gun ripped off about 250 yds of gel spun before i could turn him..... you know the rush and you know the tug-of-war that ensued.

off at daylight for some more albie chasin'!

Sounds like a little "east-siding" as Brian would say...post more pics when you can...living vicariously on this end

troutphisher

Walt, your living the good life...... 'c;
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

walt

Quote from: troutphisher on October 26, 2011, 12:08:47 PM
Walt, your living the good life...... 'c;

not really tp, but doin' my damndest.

wind, wind, wind.... blew out today, 'prolly 'morrow also.
— Cormac McCarthy

walt

tonights sunset...... Beaufort Inlet/Atlantic from Harkers Island

— Cormac McCarthy

walt

On a weather day....... mostly suckage winds and waves, Jeff caught this nice Albie off of Cape Lookout.

The gusts must be 25 to 30 outside now!

— Cormac McCarthy