News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Educated

Started by bmadd, July 31, 2014, 21:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmadd

Last week I had to go to the hipster capital of Tennessee for year one of professional school related to the job. Had to arrive in Nashville by 1:00 Sunday (20th). Class started at 1:30 and lasted till 8:30  b'; The rest of the week we had class pretty much from 8-6 with shitty cafeteria food for lunch.

Now for the good. Lots of breweries popping up in the Music City. I sampled as many as I could.

Turtle Anarchy IPA - a drinkable hoppy beer

Black Abbey Rose Belgian  - enjoyed this one a lot

Jackalope Seasonal - a citrusy wheat beer. Not my thing

My first Dale's Pale Ale
Wednesday night, I met a friend who lives in the city at a bar in the middle of the newest "hip" area. $2 craft drafts all night. Was crazy crowded and the bartender said most of the crafts were out due to a fight with the distributor  :-\

This place only sold can beer. Got a free koozie with purchase.

Nashville staple, hot chicken and a Little Harpeth Chicken Scratch pilsner. Best fried chicken I've ever had but has a good burn that creeps up on you. Beer was good but pilsner isn't my thing.

Even men of the cloth enjoy a good beer every once in a while

Hit up my local (2 hours away) fly shop. Bought some goods and got the scoop on a little river to hit on my way home for smalljaws.

My new favorite shirt

Beer for the road

Pulled up to the river and liked what I saw. Except for the local with 5 smalljaws on a stringer. One was huge  n!n

Met another local

Not a smally.

Still not a smally. I spooked several. Pulled my popper away from a few and was out entirely too early to hit the good bite. I liked the water though.

And a parting gift for you flower folks

Dougfish

I like that tee shirt.  'c;
Is that the Diawa reel? Back in action, huh?

Honeylocust. Bad mutha.

bmadd

It is the Daiwa. No knob still. It's a good thing I suck at fishing and don't catch anything big enough to need to reel.