News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

“The Rock”

Started by troutrus, May 26, 2021, 11:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

Saw this in the local fish wrapper today and thought some of you that visit Rock Castle may be interested.
Saturday night showing in Roanoke. Wish I was closer.

"The descendants of those families keep Rock Castle's history alive – and now "Rock Castle Home," a documentary film by Dr. Charles D. Thompson Jr., tells their story as well as that of the community."

"Rock Castle Home" will be shown at 7 p.m. Saturday at The Grandin Theatre in Roanoke. The screening event also will feature music by The Hazy Mountain String Band. The film team will answer questions about the film after the showing."

https://greensboro.com/community/rockingham_now/news/watch-now-film-tells-the-story-of-the-former-rock-castle-community---/article_59dca774-5ff7-5582-bc88-0af5fa805e31.html

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

streamereater_101691

Quote from: Dougfish on May 26, 2021, 16:09:02 PMDang. Out of town. b';

Hell you and woolly already know everything about that place

Dougfish

Not really.
I do think I talked to one of the guys in this doc, though.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutrus on June 06, 2021, 17:59:21 PMhttps://greensboro.com/community/rockingham_now/news/after-roanoke-screening-of-rock-castle-home-matt-hubbard-tells-of-the-simple-mountain-life/article_be68b6d5-9385-5737-b6ed-6b2c92c3e297.html

>>>The first showing of the film was at the Floyd Country Store the week before. The film will be shown on Virginia public television stations in July, and before the screening, Thompson announced that it will be shown nationally on PBS.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

trout-r-us

For interested members who may not have seen the full video.
Old Mr Hubbard climbing up to see the old Chestnut log makes me ashamed when I realize how I huff and puff just walking the regular trail.  :embarassed:

https://www.pbs.org/video/rock-castle-home-hyuoaf/
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

Woolly, please note around 24:20 the cairn on the bank at the "baptizing hole".
Ya might want to send them one of your stickers.  😂
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Dougfish

I've been waiting to watch. Thanks.
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: trout-r-us on January 04, 2022, 10:31:36 AMFor interested members who may not have seen the full video.
Old Mr Hubbard climbing up to see the old Chestnut log makes me ashamed when I realize how I huff and puff just walking the regular trail.  :embarassed:

https://www.pbs.org/video/rock-castle-home-hyuoaf/

Thanks for posting...

me -There's a season?