News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

carp

Started by bullship, September 07, 2010, 06:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullship

Got out Sunday with Ryan and Capt. Paul and hooked up on a couple. I'm rusty as hell, but managed one little guy after losing a couple due to slow hooksets, and one very heavy handed hookset. Nothing broke on the boat...so it was a good day. Carp carrots are the shiznit.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

blue ridge angler

looks like a great time.. 0:0
I have yet to catch a carp on the fly..
maybe next year..

diaz dassie

Nice on bro. Nothin better than a bronze back, did Mr Get Bent offer you some piss in a bottle? Miller low life :-*

Get Bent

Quote from: Transylwader on September 07, 2010, 11:51:13 AM
Nice on bro. Nothin better than a bronze back, did Mr Get Bent offer you some piss in a bottle? Miller low life :-*

Ahh c'mon, I bought the piss in the bottle for you. I figured you would feel at home :P. We sipped on some Dales Pale Ale for your info! ;D

Good day on the water until the boats started churning it up! Sight fishing to carp is addicting.

<-;: V:; -+; -+; -+; -+; -+; -+; /"\ d:b

and some more of this one.... -+; -+; -+; -+;
Konichiwa Bitches!

Get Bent

Some more pics...

-+;
Konichiwa Bitches!

jwgnc

Carp can be a hoot on a fly-rod.  I've only caught one.  Kinda looks like a warm water Whitefish.  I assume they can't jump - or at least they don't enjoy it.

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

diaz dassie

You guys be carpinc*nters then! Good on ya, yeah Ryan, you are at least right about me drinking anything with fizz in a can, no wonder I always feel like shit...

overbrook

You guys suck!  >:D  Last few times out I've seen plenty of fish...but could'nt get em' to eat for hell. b';  I googled "carp carrot" and got about a dozen different patterns....but it appears the jist of it is a carrot colored sort of soft hackle nymph.....damn it....I even threw one of those...I take have a brief take from a sucker....but popped it right out of his mouth on the hook set.

Nice work!!  bd;0

bullship

Quote from: overbrook on September 08, 2010, 05:25:20 AM
You guys suck!  >:D  Last few times out I've seen plenty of fish...but could'nt get em' to eat for hell. b';  I googled "carp carrot" and got about a dozen different patterns....but it appears the jist of it is a carrot colored sort of soft hackle nymph.....damn it....I even threw one of those...I take have a brief take from a sucker....but popped it right out of his mouth on the hook set.

Nice work!!  bd;0

Yeah, they're a bitch. Ryan got one the first time he went out with me, but it took me a long time before I got my first one to the boat. Keep trying the carrot. The one we were using was the sparsest fly I think I've ever tied, but they were chasing it down. The next month should be really good. Clear-ish low water and hungry fishes in the flats.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.

overbrook

Quote from: bullship on September 08, 2010, 10:06:09 AM
Quote from: overbrook on September 08, 2010, 05:25:20 AM

Nice work!!  bd;0

Yeah, they're a bitch. Ryan got one the first time he went out with me, but it took me a long time before I got my first one to the boat. Keep trying the carrot. The one we were using was the sparsest fly I think I've ever tied, but they were chasing it down. The next month should be really good. Clear-ish low water and hungry fishes in the flats.

Yeah....I think we just need some cooler weather down my way....everything was chasing flies...but nothing was eating. b';

bullship

Tell me where you are and I'll check out those carps for you :D

thenextlevel

So who's willing to post a pic or pattern for this carrot fly?   ;D  Help a fellow carping brother out...

bullship

This is a shitty version of one of mine with orange antron body, light olive hungarian partridge hackle, and some wiggle dub for the thorax:

The one these carp were caught with had no thorax dubbing...very simple fly. I believe Mr. P ties the original and fo real carp carrot...

bullship

This is Mr. P's...or John Montana's...not actually sure, but it's a carp carrot:

bullship

This is a spider pig. It is not a carp fly: