News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

bear season, oh my!

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 15, 2020, 08:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

I've been staring at the Lost Cove escarpment, and contemplating bushwacking down to the precipice from the Blue Ridge Parkway, but then rational thinking sets in.  This TR reminds me how deficient Catawba streams can be.

Grannyknot

Quote from: Onslow on October 20, 2020, 18:55:50 PMI've been staring at the Lost Cove escarpment, and contemplating bushwacking down to the precipice from the Blue Ridge Parkway, but then rational thinking sets in.  This TR reminds me how deficient Catawba streams can be.

There's no need to start at the parkway.  You can come down off Roseboro and get down there pretty easily.  Some of those catawba streams are really great, then you go just over the next ridge and the drainage is complete doo doo.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Onslow

Quote from: Grannyknot on October 22, 2020, 07:33:36 AM
Quote from: Onslow on October 20, 2020, 18:55:50 PMI've been staring at the Lost Cove escarpment, and contemplating bushwacking down to the precipice from the Blue Ridge Parkway, but then rational thinking sets in.  This TR reminds me how deficient Catawba streams can be.

There's no need to start at the parkway.  You can come down off Roseboro and get down there pretty easily.  Some of those catawba streams are really great, then you go just over the next ridge and the drainage is complete doo doo.
[/quote)
Quote from: Grannyknot on October 22, 2020, 07:33:36 AM

Onslow

GK, the section I'm interested in is the portion between the 2800'-3250' mark. There are no trails in, or along the creek. Just a crazy steep creek that I doubt is ever fished. Heck Tranny won't touch this one.

Phil

I never touched that part of it 35 years ago when I was down in that entire area bushwhacking quite a bit. Very steep, rocky, and difficult. I wouldn't dream of it now, damn it.  :embarassed:

Big J

That top part of Lost Cove looks like an easy hike off the BRP.  Topo lines aren't that tight.  Get to it boys.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Onslow on October 22, 2020, 11:39:18 AMGK, the section I'm interested in is the portion between the 2800'-3250' mark. There are no trails in, or along the creek. Just a crazy steep creek that I doubt is ever fished. Heck Tranny won't touch this one.

maybe one of these nice people would let you in... <-;:  :wave  :o

You cannot view this attachment.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Grannyknot

Quote from: Onslow on October 22, 2020, 11:39:18 AMGK, the section I'm interested in is the portion between the 2800'-3250' mark. There are no trails in, or along the creek. Just a crazy steep creek that I doubt is ever fished. Heck Tranny won't touch this one.

ah.  gotcha.  that would be a brutal bitch.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.