Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

Hook: Mustad 94833 size 14

Thread: Uni-Thread light cream

Body: Turkey biot dyed white

Tail: White rooster hackle fibers

Hackle: White rooster saddle

Wings: White duck quills

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

diaz dassie

Looks like the rare bloke buzzing round the creeks of High Country County...does she work? If so, I will enclose a bill with a pic of Grant in exchange for a decent 6 pack of beer from your parts and a dozen of these... 0--0
Cheers Karl
TW

blue ridge angler

looks like a killer to me..

troutphisher

I have no idea if this fly will work or not, in fact if it wasn't for croaker, I would have not known it was called a "white miller".

But that image still haunts me, the brown jumping clear of the water and snatching one in mid air......

I'm going to try this fly tomorrow night, I have three different styles tied up, and I will try all three if I see the hatch again. They usually come out right at dusk the "magic hour"
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

jwgnc

There's a white fly on the Au Sable in Michigan that your outstanding fly would match.  When they're on - there's a zillion of them.  Most of them I saw were below Mio, but I found them one nite on the Holy Water.  Many, many wild Browns gobbled them up.  It was wonderful.

Thanks for bringing back the memory
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Peddler

Nice tie as usual.
The only problem is that here in American the white miller is a moth.
Your fly looks more like an ephoron, the fly jwgnc is talking about...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Just me being a dick.  >:D
Real nice tie though... REAL nice!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.