Main Menu

too much water

Started by benben, July 07, 2013, 14:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Broke the damn gauge on the French Broad here in town:

[attach=1]

Aka

I had the day free to fish but wasn't sure about going last night so I checked the gauge before bed. Woke up this morning and the levels had doubled overnight.

Spent the day cleaning the garage and connected to the office on VPN... this rain is killing me!

Big J

Thats too funny.  I picked a good time to not be able to fish.  Nothing is even fishable.    ;D

Woolly Bugger

Fontana spilling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

The French Broad just dropped below flood stage in the past 24 hours but is still over 14,000 CFS. 

I canoed a section here in town back on June 29th, it was at ~2,400 CFS.  I felt that was about optimal and wouldn't want any more.  My buddy Peter said 3,800 is supposedly the safe max for the average boater.

Transylwader

Raleigh's Falls Lake has been discharging at 3000cfs for several days. The engineers effed up the original plans for the wall, it is 40ft below what it should be and hence the gars will be swimming against the currents while they should be chilling and eating well. I have been here for 8 years and it's the first summer I have ever seen it running at full capacity b';

The Dude

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 08, 2013, 08:49:55 AM
Fontana spilling!

Spring must come really late at Fontana Dam.  Those trees still haven't leafed out.   'c;
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: The Dude on July 08, 2013, 12:18:14 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 08, 2013, 08:49:55 AM
Fontana spilling!

Spring must come really late at Fontana Dam.  Those trees still haven't leafed out.   'c;

I couldn't post the recent vidoe, grabbed this photo... your right, it's from back earlier in the year, my bad..
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Stone-Man

All the creeks are blown out and the Watauga is up in the edge of peoples yards.

JT

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

kylemc

The Nolichucky looks fantastic :o

benben reincarnated

January through July Asheville historical precip....blue line is this year.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: benben on August 13, 2013, 19:59:30 PM

January through July Asheville historical precip....blue line is this year.

That's about right!
me -There's a season?

Dougfish

After a couple years of drought, I said I would never complain about too much rain/snow. But 52" in six months!  :o Asheville, the new Seattle.
37" to date in my neck of the woods and we think we're really wet.

The Dude

50.44" in Greenville

Eastern Transylvania County (as usual) looks like it is the big winner at over 80".  Good thing they aren't logging Courthouse Creek area right now.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.