Crisp, Cold, and Lovely (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, January 07, 2020, 21:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

So, ice was falling from the sky this morning. Rain was mixing in plenty. I almost ruined the entire day of fishing until I stumbled on some very handy information from Doug about the Smith generation. Thank you, Dougy.

This guided me into a new direction. I made my way through the ice and rain. Pulled the waders out and as I tied up my boots, the snow began to quietly fall. Quite a beautiful sight. Cold weather has always been something that I enjoyed. Fishing in it is just that much better. Bring on the cold!

I almost wet waded this cold stream, but I thought better of it, and I was glad. I pulled my hood around my face to shield from the wind that was numbing my ears and face and pressed on. Fishy, fishy, where art thou?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

My surroundings were gorgeous. Damp and icy. I'll take it.

After a bit I was netting a great lookin' brown. Hell yes. This was the only fish that I'd contact today. I'm not complaining. The quietness alone was enough to make the trip well worth the efforts.

Until next time, dudes. Get out there and get 'em. Later, gators.

Onslow

Nice.  Fish needs to eat more.

itieuglyflies

"I almost wet waded"......damn, I am a wimp.

greg

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Onslow on January 08, 2020, 19:15:52 PMNice.  Fish needs to eat more.

My thoughts exactly when I netted that fish. It was hungry judging by that fly he ate....

Dee-Vo

Quote from: itieuglyflies on January 08, 2020, 20:59:44 PM"I almost wet waded"......damn, I am a wimp.

Nowadays, I tend to exercise a bit more discretion when fishing with waders; I don't like them, but they're useful. A couple years ago I think I picked up a hell of a cold/pneumonia for 2 weeks or more from wet wading for 3 hours in 40 degree weather. Not wise, of course.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

benben reincarnated

Phil