Finally a little time off

Started by buddy_25_99, August 23, 2016, 11:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy_25_99

After working two weeks straight, I finally got a day off. As always though it seems to rain the day before your long anticipated day off. Rain was light close by, but some areas got hammered. Not wanting to travel to a potentially blown out water I decided to kayaked a local river. It was an absolutely amazing day. Few clouds, 76, and light breeze. Getting to the river and unloading...I quickly realized I wasn't put together very well. Dropped my phone in mud hole getting out, left my predator wire, dry box, and a few other things. It being so pretty out I decided fuck it most of it wasn't that important. Wasn't gonna let my 1st world problems stress me it was to nice out.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Just paddled threw most of the public park. Even though I never see any one up here fishing this river. Got set up with a minnow pattern. Something with a little shine. water had a tint to it but with the sun there was still decent visibility. Second cast

Grabbed this little guy. Was still a very feisty little fucker. Felt good to bend the my rod. Next tree down I grab a hold of a much bigger version. But with the bigger fish comes bigger teeth. Held on to it long enough for it to race by me one side of the river to the other. Then everything went limp. I knew I just got bit off. Still super pumped I worked the shit out of every other tree. Had one more very nice pike fallow me in twice. Think it was more curious than hungry. Finished the day off with a few small mouth, and a few drinks over dinner.

So nice being out especially on such a beautiful day. Able to wake up from zombie mode of work sleep and actually feel alive for the day. But back to the real world of being an adult with bills and shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

driver

Where are you catching northerns?

Dee-Vo

Ohio. The fukker moved to Ohio.

I hate you lost the big daddy. Next time you'll have the wire I hope. I'm expecting you to pull in a musky at some point.

Good shit.

Big J

Yallerhammer

Looks like a fine way to spend a day. I must obtain a kayak at some point.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

RiverbumCO

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 24, 2016, 07:05:37 AM

Real easy. Go to store. Buy kayak.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: RiverbumCO on August 24, 2016, 21:27:24 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 24, 2016, 07:05:37 AM

Real easy. Go to store. Buy kayak.

Lemme hold a dolla.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

i'm always forgetting stuff when I a) ride in someone else's car, b) floating in a kayak, or c)hiking down to the river...

good to see somebody getting it done!<-;:
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!