News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

End of Hiatus

Started by Grannyknot, February 03, 2012, 20:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grannyknot

I don't want to go into detail of how many moons it has been since I was last in a mountain stream.  Work and shitty life responsibilities have ruined me.  I needed to clear my mind the best way I know possible.....a day in the mountains.  So I told work they can shove it and that I was taking Friday off, and wouldn't be answering any method of contact.  However, Thursday night nearly ruined my plans.  My wife bought us tickets to Railroad Earth for christmas.  It was a great show.  They rocked it.  And I proved to myself how lame I have become in my weak state of oldness and new inability to consume massive amounts of alcohol.

Woke up this morning with intentions of hitting the road at 7am.  No can do said the porcelain god...first you must get on your knees and say a prayer to me.   :o  So it was closer to 10 before I could shake the headache and cram a pb&j down my throat along with about 6 advil.  After a brief auto tour of the area, I hit the footpath to the stream.

Saw lots of caddis flies fluttering about and the water must have been starting to warm up, because fish were jumping clear out of the water like it was a spring mayfly hatch.  I fished a thunderhead dry with various nymphs the whole day.  Most fish came on the dry, and in truth, I missed about 20 fish that came up and hit my dry.  I don't know if it was because I was rusty, my flies were tied poorly, or they just weren't taking it.  Here is a couple of the nicer ones.

About 3:00 I was greeted by the re-emmergence of my raging headache. b';
So I headed to the house, as there was only one thing I knew of that could cure this.

I gotta do this more often....not the drinking part....the fishing part.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Transylwader

Bout fuckin time Cody, now when you claim your nuts back from the wifes handbag, I gots a decent proposition...somewhere deep in Cherokee County 8)
Glad you got out mate.

benben reincarnated

Good chit man.

You like that New Belgium Dig?  I had a bottle of it a week or two ago, but I can't remember what I thought about it after I drank all the other stuff I drank after it.    :laugh:

Grannyknot

Quote from: Transylwader on February 03, 2012, 20:23:40 PM
Bout fuckin time Cody, now when you claim your nuts back from the wifes handbag, I gots a decent proposition...somewhere deep in Cherokee County 8)
Glad you got out mate.

I'm down.  An intervention is needed.
Currently working on a backcountry over night the 18-19th....assuming testicles have been freed.

Quote from: benbenYou like that New Belgium Dig?
Its just ok....wasn't what put me on my arse thurs night though.  Newcastle in a can....pain.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

blue ridge angler

When you drink heavily be sure do down a couple glasses of water just before bed..You will have to get up and piss, but you have to do that anyway when you drink..But the water will keep you from puking, and the headache won't be as bad..
Good shit..

Woolly Bugger

nice getting out, +1 on the water, and go easy on the Advil!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!