News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The Punisher

Started by blue ridge angler, January 29, 2012, 19:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

Today I had the urge to put myself through some serious abuse, so I rolled over the ridge to a close by headwater stream to see if maybe I could talk myself into checking out a section that i hadn't seen before..The last time that I had a similar notion I wound up about 2 miles from where I thought I would come out at..Even routine trips to this tiny little creek leave you feeling like you have been put through a ringer, but the occasional good sized extremely wild fish, and the fairly pristine, and rugged landscape make it worth the effort to fish the more easily access-able section..Today I planned to hike as far down towards the confluence with the river it feeds as possible..I had gone a ways down before, and I knew that it was gonna be some hellish rhodo busting of the worst kind, because the trail leaves the creek and climbs high on a ridge, this whole section sees no traffic whatsoever except for game..I used the game trails when I could but alot of the going was crawling through hells that grab, and pull at you like zombie crackheads with every movement, but the pools I was seeing made me keep going..

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I spotted some bruisers, and hooked a few nice ones that came un buttoned due to tight quarters, but crystal clear water, and down stream presentations put me at a serious disadvantage, and I wound up spooking most of the pools..Not many fish caught, but It was good to see that stretch..I already have plans on how to approach it next time..

Once I made it back up to my familiar beat, I started catching fish.. After catching a few nice ones stopped to refuel, And then commenced to fish my usual 3/4 mile stretch..

The Punisher lived up to it's name once again, and only gave up a handful of fish for an insane amount of effort..Every time I go there I think I have a new bit of knowledge that might earn me a few more fish to hand, but instead I wind up being taunted by seeing nice fish, and then having my ass handed to me with a side of advil..
Thank you ma'am, may I have another?

FoulHook

Damn fine BRA. I would take some punishment for just the opportunity to catch some bruisers. Last pic is awesome.  'c;
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Holmes

Now thats what I call a good time... -0-

OldDominionAngler

Quote from: blue ridge angler on January 29, 2012, 19:12:39 PM

Thank you ma'am, may I have another?

[/report]

Yes, please.  Great looking water.

benben reincarnated

Looks like some good close-quarters action you had going on there.  I like it.    'c;

Transylwader

Aw bloody hell that was good! 8)

The Dude

That was the perfect medicine for the blueline strain of cabin fever.  Thanks, BRA.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Holmes

I hope you boost one of those big boys next time! I will get them flies sent to you soon, maybe one of those nice ones will tear it up..

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Petey on January 30, 2012, 10:35:04 AM
I hope you boost one of those big boys next time! I will get them flies sent to you soon, maybe one of those nice ones will tear it up..

Funny thing,
as you can see in the pictures I was fishing a size 10 girdle bug variation and they were liking it..From what you were describing, I think they will eat them up.. -0-

Holmes

Judging by the flies those fish ate, than yeah these smaller ones will do it. Different color schemes, but don't know if that makes too much difference with bows on blue lines

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Petey on January 30, 2012, 15:37:38 PM
Judging by the flies those fish ate, than yeah these smaller ones will do it. Different color schemes, but don't know if that makes too much difference with bows on blue lines

Yeah,
I think if you can get it in front of them they will most likely eat it..

JWJ