Unlimited bear news

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 09, 2015, 15:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on November 25, 2015, 11:48:06 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on October 07, 2015, 17:54:22 PM
Quote from: benben on October 07, 2015, 16:53:02 PM
That's pretty crazy Ken.   

The kid that got attacked on Hazel Creek recently gives me pause as well.   For all intents and purposes it seemed unprovoked.

If we, smelly humans, are in the woods, then it is provoked.   

We belong in the woods just as much as the bears.

I agree.  Who said humans did not belong in the woods?  I simply alluded to humans smelling odd, perhaps sometimes appetizing.

Quote from: Yallerhammer on November 26, 2015, 09:15:23 AM
Yep, and sometimes it can go too far. ;D

And sometimes not far enough!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Pansyman

You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Dang! @peter p , New Jersey and Bears in the News! This was my old stomping ground in the late 60s ...

A Boy Scout troop leader was mauled by a bear after he and three Scouts stumbled upon the animal in northern New Jersey on Sunday, the Rockaway Township Police Department said.

The three Scouts accompanying him were unharmed, officials said.

The Boy Scout leader, Christopher Petronino, took the three Scouts to a cave at Split Rock Reservoir in Morris County, which is about 25 miles west of New York City. The 50-year-old had known about the cave since the 1980s but had never witnessed a bear using it before, according to CNN affiliate WCBS.

When Petronino entered the cave Sunday afternoon, a black bear reached for the Scout leader's foot, biting him on the leg, shoulder and arm, according to officials. Petronino then hit the bear with a rock hammer, curled up into the fetal position and shouted to the boys to call for help. 4

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/us/bear-attacks-boy-scout-leader-new-jersey/index.html
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 21, 2015, 14:20:30 PM
Dang! @peter p , New Jersey and Bears in the News! This was my old stomping ground in the late 60s ...

A Boy Scout troop leader was mauled by a bear after he and three Scouts stumbled upon the animal in northern New Jersey on Sunday, the Rockaway Township Police Department said.

The three Scouts accompanying him were unharmed, officials said.

The Boy Scout leader, Christopher Petronino, took the three Scouts to a cave at Split Rock Reservoir in Morris County, which is about 25 miles west of New York City. The 50-year-old had known about the cave since the 1980s but had never witnessed a bear using it before, according to CNN affiliate WCBS.

When Petronino entered the cave Sunday afternoon, a black bear reached for the Scout leader's foot, biting him on the leg, shoulder and arm, according to officials. Petronino then hit the bear with a rock hammer, curled up into the fetal position and shouted to the boys to call for help. 4

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/us/bear-attacks-boy-scout-leader-new-jersey/index.html

I just heard this story on the radio. Dammit, man.

BRFFF

Bear captured after 65-mile joyride on garbagte truck
http://nyp.st/1khKaP9

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

peter p

@Woolly Bugger .  There was a bear in my home town a few weeks ago and everyone called 911.   I know they started a hunting season again.  This was at least the second person killed in nj in the last few years

Peter

Stone-Man

Woolly Bugger

Raiding your bear proof trash cans again?
me -There's a season?

NotsoroyalWulff

This is just an observation, but eastern nc is full of bears. Even my little town outside of Wilson now has a healthy population. Without trail cameras, you'd never know. I wonder if its just the natural food year round.  They NEVER get into cans around here.

Pansyman

You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

RiverbumCO

Oh to live on, Sugar Mountain.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Dougfish

A two Prius household.  p;-

I'm rooting for the bears.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on March 24, 2016, 06:59:40 AM
A two Prius household.  p;-

I'm rooting for the bears.

Funny, and no matter what they do to those cars, they will never be the same!!
me -There's a season?