Martin O'Malley (D)
0 (0%)
Write In Candidate
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Flatlander on December 10, 2015, 10:00:53 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on December 10, 2015, 09:44:40 AM

No matter the victor, we will all be winners and losers in some way.

Your statement implies that people are rational and will evaluate each candidate on what the NET benefit or loss his/her platform will impose on their personal lives.  When the middle class begins to understand they will likely be net losers under Sanders' platform and not just 1 percenters, they will abandon him like rats on a sinking ship.  People vote with their pocket books...this I am sure of.

I think some vote with their wallet, but it is damned hard for me to believe that those supporting a candidate, like Trump, and even some of the others, are directed by the almighty dollar.  Could it be synergistic, fear and ignorance?

"Pocket book"?  You mean women?  I am damned sure women do not vote with their pocket book!  No wonder the right has difficulty reaching the fairer sex.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Yallerhammer

Quote from: troutfanatic on December 10, 2015, 08:30:12 AM

That's part of it, but there is also the semi-bourgeoisie, who like being benevolent with other people's money.

Yes, there are those, too-the enablers. I am surrounded by them most of the time. Most of them should be intelligent enough to know better, but emotions trump logic. Also, most of them are fairly financially stable. The working class are the ones who get screwed by the redistribution of wealth ideology.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Grannyknot

Trump: I plan to tear up every piece of big government.  See this endangered species act over here.......
Eagle: Fuck off RAAAAHHHHH

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

sanjuanwormhatch

If the implication is ppl who are voting for sanders are helpless pussies I think it's quite the opposite.  I personally think the government should help no one (and I realize that sanders thinks otherwise) but I really agree with his views that not only is the government not helping those must in need but they are exponentially helping those not in need.  Why I don't know. 

flatlander

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on December 11, 2015, 08:32:13 AM
If the implication is ppl who are voting for sanders are helpless pussies I think it's quite the opposite.  I personally think the government should help no one (and I realize that sanders thinks otherwise) but I really agree with his views that not only is the government not helping those must in need but they are exponentially helping those not in need.  Why I don't know.

My opposition to Sanders is that the cost of his proposals total 18-20 trillion dollars over ten years, yet he has only outlined 6-7 trillion in taxes to pay for that spending.  He says he's going to do it totally on the backs of wealthy people, but I don't see how that's possible. 

(Please don't refer me to Kevin Drum's article and tell me "it's a wash".  The money for these programs still has to come from somebody.)

Transylwader

America is going the same way as Saffa. Eventually there will be no middle class, you'll have the stank rich fuckers and the untermenschsorry, bout that, I meant entitled fuckers who breed like flies, have this preconceived disposition they are owed everything and are the very reason your economy and society will tank.

sanjuanwormhatch

There's a lot of income and political disparity.  There is no middle ground in a lot of different respects. 

flatlander

What do you mean when you say you don't think the government should help people?

AAGoldsmith

Unfortunately with a socio-economic collapse, the middle class would suffer the worst. Sure there would be an initial downward spiral of the lower class (think govt dependent types), but soon after the lower class would revolt and storm into their next door neighbors towns and neighborhoods (which happen to be the middle class typically). The rich would stay gated away until the lower and middle classes could agree to work together and fix their problems, which ironically were underemployment and government dependency. Now this is all obviously assuming an entire collapse, but the circumstances are and have been lining up for quite some time now to see this as a reality in the next decade or two. Just my unsolicited shitty $.02
If only I knew what I was getting into

Onslow

I have a nagging gut feeling u are indeed correct.

flatlander

I just can't believe that.  I think I would vote for Clinton before I'd vote for Cruz.   I have to believe Clinton is a shoe-in. 

What I don't get is how in the hell Trump and Sanders are still in this.

sanjuanwormhatch

Sad to think that ISIS could potentially sway our election to their benefit.  That's how dumb people are. 

flatlander

Quote from: troutfanatic on December 11, 2015, 12:14:46 PM
Dylar,
What leads you to this conclusion? I think he is too extreme and too Jesus crispy. The media and abortionists will have a field day with him.

I think the real GOP nominee has yet to rise in the polls.

Who will vote for Hillary, Malcolm? Middle aged women who think life has wronged them and some evil unseen force is preventing them from getting "women's healthcare"?

Don't you think all the people following Sanders are going to jump to Hillary once he gets voted off the island?  You don't think he's going to win the nomination, do you?

Onslow

Hillary cannot even win over my feminist liberal wife.

sanjuanwormhatch

Quote from: troutfanatic on December 11, 2015, 12:24:08 PM
Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on December 11, 2015, 12:12:46 PM
Sad to think that ISIS could potentially sway our election to their benefit.  That's how dumb people are.

Why is voting for safety and security any dumber than voting for government "free" shit?

I didn't say it was.