As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Sourwood, boss. Oxydendron arboreum.

Onslow

Having not spent meaningful time on the water in at least a month, I would be down for tailwater, punes, anything but work. 

Now I understand why you spend so much time at the smitty....48 degree beer 'c;

TylerDurden

Great stuff Woolly

Those smith river browns are beauts. Been thinking about picking up a Va fishing lic and hitting the smith seeing as its only an hour away from me...
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Dougfish

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on June 29, 2015, 19:57:14 PM
Having not spent meaningful time on the water in at least a month, I would be down for tailwater, punes, anything but work. 

Fishing Friday, dingleberry.

Onslow

Quote from: Dougfish on June 29, 2015, 21:13:27 PM
Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on June 29, 2015, 19:57:14 PM

Fishing Friday, dingleberry.

Good fer you.

Dee-Vo

I hit the road this morning to check this river out for the first time. I was forced to get a considerably late start due to getting the child ready for baby school while the mother got primped for her workday.

Good looking river. Always a little confusing when you don't know where the hell you're going. I had some assistance from some of the regulars here, much obliged.

I don't know what the hell the deal was, kept losing fish. Lost several while nymphing and several on dries as well, just came off half way through the fight. Fishing shall be fishing, still pissed me off.

Sad, ashamed and somewhat embarrassed I tucked my tail when time came to head home. The generation was scheduled for noon but it must take a little while before it's evident downriver, I fished until about 2:00.

I guess this fat ass rainbow would have to suffice today. At least I landed something. I'll definitely be back with an adjusted game plan now that I've somewhat felt this water out. Time well spent, you know, learning curve.

I couldn't really even see what I was doing when I first got in. Oh yea, that water's cold.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I caught this bow on a streamer. The one hit wonder:

One of you drunk fucktards get too ripped to get your boots back on?

Until next time..... n!n

apache1973

As I am new to the Forum I am looking for ares in Southern VA to explore and fish. I am somewhat familiar with the Smith but not where to really try and wade and fish. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

revfox

TF is such a nice guy.

Dougfish

Good job, Wade. A swift kick in the nuts from the Smiff is not a new thing.

driver

Must have not got the rain like we did last night. Water looked pretty clean.

The Smitty has sent home with less than that many times.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: apache1973 on July 01, 2015, 16:13:57 PM
As I am new to the Forum I am looking for ares in Southern VA to explore and fish. I am somewhat familiar with the Smith but not where to really try and wade and fish. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Get in your vehicle and put some footwork in. You can ask and ask (I have) but until your ass is in the water you ain't gonna catch shit.

Quote from: Dougfish on July 01, 2015, 16:38:44 PM
Good job, Wade. A swift kick in the nuts from the Smiff is not a new thing.

Quote from: driver on July 01, 2015, 17:09:52 PM
Must have not got the rain like we did last night. Water looked pretty clean.

The Smitty has sent home with less than that many times.

I'll be honest. I was happy to have fooled the several on top and nymphing, but the bastards coming unfastened on the way in got old real quick. About made me lose my religion several times.

apache1973

I have been up behind the dam at Philpott and through Bassett in that area. Did not really know if i can go further down into Fieldale and Martinsville as I see the river but again don't know areas to park and wade. Sorry maybe I should be a little more specific.

Dougfish

Dude, do an intro. Take your lumps, then contribute a TR or two before you ask for a handout.
Or suffer the wrath.

And, if it ain't posted and there aren't Rottweilers chewing on your calves, it's good access.

apache1973

My humblest apologies. I am scrolling through the damn app trying to figure out how or where to do an introduction.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: apache1973 on July 01, 2015, 20:11:57 PM
My humblest apologies. I am scrolling through the damn app trying to figure out how or where to do an introduction.

Just give up now, trust me.