4/8/07 Savannah River Shad...

Started by croaker, April 08, 2007, 22:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

Caught 9, missed at least that many more...
Was using the unnamed Shad Fly on the flypole.
This one bit on the the first cast of the day.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This was the biggest to hand.

Musta been some kind of big shindig goin' on in Augusta...  The sky over the river
and Bush Field had beaucoup private jets.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Woolly Bugger

:o Another great day on the river, if you ask me.... ;D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Chaser

Very Nice Don 0--0  I tried for the first time last week, no shad but caught 5 white bass to avoid the skunk. ;D  I'm gonna meet up with FT tomorrow afternoon to try again.

TC

croaker

Dave,
Good job with the White Bass...  I ain't caught one in many moons.

BTW--- I sent some of the "unnamed" Shad Flys out to Ditchmonkey today.
Hope they get to y'all in time.

Good Luck!!!

don
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Trout Chaser

Don,

FT and  I tried again late yesterday afternoon.  Water was a little too cool so it turned out to be a 2 + hour on water casting clinic. o-o

FT and a few others on the Flats...

TC

Woolly Bugger

Where are you fishing T.C.? I might have to run up there for an afternoon with you guys...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Chaser

Keith,

We are fishing in Fredericksburg just south of the Rte 1 bridge close to I-95.  Someone posted a report on another board that he caught close to a 100 in 5 hours of fishing on Saturday.  I sure hope these heavy rains don't shut down the run.  I still want to catch one.  It would be a long haul from Winston for an afternoon but you are welcome anytime.  Let me know when you want to visit.

TC

Trout Chaser

I headed out of work a little early today to try and catch my first shad.  Weather was overcast and the water just slightly stained. Arrived just past 4 and it only  took about 15 minutes before I landed my first shad :)  The fishing was real slow until just before dark when the switch turned on.  All told I brought 14 shad to hand and two small rockfish.  They sure do put a nice bend in the rod. 0--0  Just past 8:30 pm another fly fisherman landed a 27-28 inch rock fish.  I just might have to sneak out again this weekend. 
Don, thanks again for all the tips you have shared with me, also for sending a fly via ditch.
A few pictures

TC

troutphisher

Wow!

Nice pic's and report! I didn't think they had that much color, very cool looking fish.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

badankles

that's it...i'm gonna head out right now...  :)
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

croaker

Dave, glad to hear you  caught some Shad... 
Great pics!