News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamatt53

Been paying my dues figuring these fuckers out solo this summer on my new to me skiff. Things all finally came together yesterday after blowing tons of shots the past couple months. Maybe it was the experience finally paying off, maybe it was the cooler temps, or maybe it was because I was drinking piss Kirkland's brand light beer instead of good shit but I was finally able to stick 3 and land two.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Seem to be a lot around this same size with a few giants mixed in - my guess is due to stocking batches in this new reservoir by size class. All look like the same fish but not. Got one at 9am and another at 1PM.

Almost felt like fall out there and the water temp was back down to 80. Surprisingly the bass action was slow I blame it on being a transition time? Who knows. I even broke out the gear and didn't get shit

Dougfish

driver

I wish I had taken to boat for carp yesterday instead of wading. Lets see pics of the bote!

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

@driver those cars burn up fast !
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Big J

Transylwader

Errbudday be gittin carps, ceptin me. Fuck y'all much, but please, continue humoring me, I likes seeing them bronze bones bishes very much. I saw a few Saturday, one was a good tenner, others were small blokes. Hoovers move quickly on the Neusie, the current is swift and them fatties gotto keep up with the flows. I suspect a lead core leader and dank ass lead wrapped skrimp pattern will get in front of their Jolie face quicker than a stupid ass floating line/mono leader would. All in all, it's good to see that the locale isn't ass pounded by Dong and Sanchez this far down. Could be that the fuckers are skeerd of the deep water coz they can't swim? Or maybe they got their ass handed to them trying to fuck with a giant Neusie. No trash on the banks OR creek bed. Veddy fuckin mice!
After spending most of Saturday dealing with work related shit, I headed way down river, armed with a 6 & 8. Saw a lot of cool shit. Nesting bald eagles, ospreys catching fishes, herons pecking peckers, a few tarts floating in toobs, a shit ton of gars, big bass...
What really got my attention were two massive schlongnosers. One was easy 5' long, the other slightly bigger and as wide as my dizzamned thigh. Problem is the hole they reside in is over 10ft deep and to add to the demonic temple of boom, there's three massive downed trees right up against the deepest bank and this is exactly where the two bishes were hanging out. I laughed my ass off as two young kids were flating down in their canoe. I yelled at em, hey, shark alert, one kid almost flipped their douche canoe when he saw a biggun. Haha.
Im going to take the jonner and park off in the back eddy tomorrow, anchor up, go in with a chain saw, cut that fukkin tree branch that prevents a back cast and swing for em with a spray pole.
Been watching several gar vids on youtube. It appears these cheap fuckass bro guides from Ontario are using a dodgy as giddy up rig. A sz 1/0 hook with a treble stinger and the entire fly is basically cheap ass red/black marabou. I've never thrown a treble and really thinking it may be a means to an end. Rope flies with a stinger is my go to, but as of late, with the gars not really giving a fuck about the flies I am throwing, it's leading me further down the rabbit hole into GARbage thoughts of sticking one so big, it'll force me into retirement.
Keep your GARments on, bishes. There's 30 days left to stick one.
Oh, yeah, Spork/Keith, Im headed to the beach Friday, y'all can stay at the ranch, it's 20 minutes from Garville. Holla atcha boy.

Dougfish

gamatt53

Quote from: Big J on August 31, 2015, 09:30:35 AM
Quote from: driver on August 31, 2015, 09:12:08 AM
Lets see pics of the bote!

^This

Nice carp.

Pics from the seller I had saved on my phone. 1996 16ft custom skiff made by a company from SC that went OB. Evinrude 48 SPL 2 stroke - will do 35mph with just me in it. Was just refloored and repainted and carbs looked clean so I pulled the trigger. I wanted something versatile and light with a shallow draft that I could use on the local lakes, coast, and maybe the roanoke in the spring and wasn't seeing much in my price range around here except older bass trackers and shit that needed a lot of work.  Figured I needed to go ahead and buy my toys now before things get real serious with the girlfriend who I just moved in with :laugh:

Not a fan of the rigging he put inside but not worrying about it for now. Has an igloo cooler seat in front of the console not pictured and eventually will get a yeti type cooler to put in the back open area for standing purposes. Doubt I ever do a platform but who knows. Already had to sink a couple hundred into rebuilding the tilt system  b'; that decided to start leaking two months after I got it.

driver

Nice ride. Get rid of that foot controlled trolling motor. And get a wireless one or hand control. That will clear you deck up nicely.

JMiller

Tried out a new access from the kayak yesterday. Way too much flat, dead water, but not too many people and the scenery was worth it.

Started out looking for toothy fish, but didn't see any. Well we did, just not the ones we were looking for.

Monster.

They can't all be winners, can they?

Mmmmm.

Well it was worth it.

Mahalo.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

NCsporksman

JWJ

Haven't been out much [insert cliche excuse here]. There's really no excuse.

My buddy wanted to float for one last summer hoorah . FlynLow made the drive up from L'Burg. The river was boney, but the smallmouth were good to us. 

Great to see the fish on the 'Doah doing well.

Big J

NF or SF.  I was told the NF got hit with another fish kill recently.  Dang nice smallie either way.

FlynLow,  Howdy neighbor.

Woolly Bugger

enticed by the low flow on the Yadkin, I headed up to the shoals access in East Bend. I was rigging up the rod and the park ranger pulls in. We talk for a while, then he ask to see my license. I thought it was in a vest pocket, but after looking in all 50 of them, I was about to offer my drivers license, when I saw that I had all of my fishing licenses stuffed into my wallet. When, it was current... That NC Wildlife email reminder works...  -0-

I headed off down the trail to the river and stopped along the way to photograph the mushrooms that were on the edge of the path.   

I tried top water for a while then switched to a clouser. Nothing was working, I think the fish must have been over in the main channel in the deeper hole. I sill think the best way to fish this section is out of a kayak or toon. The think mats of hydrilla made the wading difficult. In the two hours that I worked the water, I didn't even get a bump. The sun was heating up the day and I called it quits...  d:b

me -There's a season?