As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullship

i would like to, like, do that, like, sometime
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

bmadd

You sure? There was only one beer

Big J

You all inspired me to hit my local. It was slow but my friend and I got a couple.  Found out we were fishing behind someone, explains the dinks....

Michael Toris

Big J

Quote from: benben on August 03, 2015, 16:52:27 PM

This past weekend I was down at my parents visiting and fishing for the usual big ass bluegill and tiny lmb out of their lake. 

I thought I remembered seeing that the pond had a dam that breeched a little while ago.  Is that the pond? 

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Big J on August 04, 2015, 07:11:46 AM
Quote from: benben on August 03, 2015, 16:52:27 PM

This past weekend I was down at my parents visiting and fishing for the usual big ass bluegill and tiny lmb out of their lake. 

I thought I remembered seeing that the pond had a dam that breeched a little while ago.  Is that the pond?

No, that was a pond adjacent to my family's cabin and hunting property.  They have a lake they live on and thankfully that's still safe and sound.

I just saw your pics from yesterday too.  You think fishing behind someone on a river like that impacts fishing?  I fished up to a hole local looking some guys were sitting at and fishing for a while, I assume they had bait, they were just sitting fishing then eventually left with buckets.  It didn't seem to affect the fishing much, granted they were only sitting on one deep pool.

Big J

On the stretch I was fishing it did.  It is about 3 to 4 feet deep in the main stretch we were fishing in the deepest spots up by the dam.  I didn't realize someone had already waded through all of it.  You can literally walk through all these runs pictured below.  Small pocket water and if someone waded through it fish will be down. 

Better pictures of what we were fishing.

Yallerhammer

Very cool, Ben! What did that channel cat hit? I haven't fished the FB in a long time, need to hit it after work one afternoon.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 05, 2015, 14:16:08 PM
Very cool, Ben! What did that channel cat hit? I haven't fished the FB in a long time, need to hit it after work one afternoon.

A crayfish pattern.  I've caught flat heads in lakes on white woolly buggers before, basically I think they'll eat any fly.

natureboy

Woolly Bugger

Wiggle minner and natty greens for the win
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Between a fukked as Saffa work week, sitting in meetings with various asswipes, driving to jobsites and dodging hectic storms, I managed to get some coarse flogging in.

Promising grassie hole for the future, being upgraded to a BMP

2 miles from the ranch

I'll take these rank fuckers while they be eatin'

Pants of shame near the mobile shitter

Pulled the HSS Shitfucksnadwich into the non-gas powered motor lake

Alas they check the bote for beer p;-

Whitey be bustin bait like the maniacal strippers and albies. Pre-training for October?

Hit the pond behind the house. Slow as fuck, so I put on the 450 full sink and worked the downed tree

Spent the past 48 hours in the thinking tank and realizing I should be high.
High up and high as fuck.
Coming to a brook trout stream tomorrow.
Stripsets for errbudday
Later fukkos

Onslow

Diggin the coarse.

Mill dam, and bass/reel/sunset pics ftw.

Woolly Bugger

More fish than I'll see this weekend
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Yallerhammer

Hell yeah, Tran! Nice fish, and those whities fight like nobody's bizess for their size.  V:;
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff