As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYiman

Great stuff!  Thanks for all the pics fellas.  Smallies are fun!  0:0

JD

Diggin the Cohutta bmadd. I'm originally from Cartersville myself.

JD

Today was my first off day in a bit so I tried to make the most of it. I took the dog out with me scouting for the upcoming hunting season. That was productive. Then I got a couple of hours to fish the creek I was scouting. I caught plenty of redbreasts, plus my first rock bass and perch on the fly.

DRIFTS

Small jawsGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
top water time kicks ass!Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
hellgamite eggs I'm toldGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
oh my!!!
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Big J

dang drifters, you have been getting after it lately  d:b

NCsporksman

U fishin with R Lee Ermy? Dope

sanjuanwormhatch

is that cohutta coozie a recent purchase?  looks like one of my fav coozies ever and I can't find anything like it. 

Dougfish

Hmm, perch.

Good stuff fellers. 'c;

bmadd

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on August 03, 2015, 08:05:31 AM
is that cohutta coozie a recent purchase?  looks like one of my fav coozies ever and I can't find anything like it.

They gave a bunch a way at the Musky party in May. Only one I got though.

benben reincarnated

I'm completely out of my element here.  I can count on three fingers, or maybe it's four, how many times I've fished for smallies.  The French Broad was running super low and super clear today, both are never true...so I figured now was as good as any of a time to wade it.  I killed about 2.5 hours on the river, absolutely burnt up, but it was fun and I got to air out my 6 weight rod.

Water levels, check.

I caught quite a few of these small smalliez.  Not sure if the clear water, low water, heat, mid day sun, who knows had the bigger fish put down.  I had a few larger fish come unbuttoned, but generally dinks were the order of the day

This was fun, glad I brought the net.

Then there were these, tons of them, I think I saw about 20 in all.  Who spies the 2 carp?  I tried casting to a few of them, but I was even more clueless about catching these fish.  They sure as shit weren't as spooky as I thought.  I almost stepped on two of them at one point.

Great hot weather beer.

Dougfish

Big J

Ben on the warmwater. 

Here is my experience when talking with a bunch of you about the French Broad.

"Hey, what can you tell me about the French Broad?"

"It muddies up fast?"

:-\

bmadd

Was beginning to think you gave up fishing Ben.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: bmadd on August 03, 2015, 16:36:33 PM
Was beginning to think you gave up fishing Ben.

Ha, no such luck.  Took my 11 year old nephew trout fishing for the first time weekend before last.  He caught a trout on the fly within 20 minutes, never casted a fly rod before either.  This past weekend I was down at my parents visiting and fishing for the usual big ass bluegill and tiny lmb out of their lake. 

I'll get back on a proper blue line this coming weekend.  A little rain would be good though between now and then.