As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Carp unlimited

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 26, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCsporksman

Quote from: BRFFF on September 11, 2018, 09:23:02 AM
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Approaching the pond through the parterre, but it doesn't look like anybody wants to play today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite possibly the gayest shit ever posted on here

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BRFFF

Quote from: NCsporksman on September 11, 2018, 20:19:21 PM
Quote from: BRFFF on September 11, 2018, 09:23:02 AM

Approaching the pond through the parterre, but it doesn't look like anybody wants to play today!

Quite possibly the gayest shit ever posted on here

I can not lie, I took that photo just so I could use the word parterre!

Dougfish

There's nothing French or snooty about those shitty crimes against horticulture.
Emission de merde!

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

BRFFF

Number 11 broke me off. Earlier I had cast to a carp which was working the flats and on the first cast wrapped the fly around a tree branch. Then I yanked it out and got my cast off to the fish.. I stripped the fly right in front of its face but it took off. Further on down the bank I found another one feeding up tight against the bank. I cast and as the fly dropped down the fish rose and slurped it down — strip set and then it ran. I was letting line out and beginning to apply some pressure when the line went slack — the stressed knot failed damn it!

BRFFF

So there was a 8' x 8' float at the pond, it was well built and not too old, but the barrels used for flotation had failed at the end furthest out in the water. It was free floating but grounded in the shallow inflow end and also loosely tied to a tree. It went missing last week and I assumed that it was just removed as it no longer served a purpose.

I found out he other day that some of the local youth had taken it out for a paddle and the security detail at the museum ran out and down to the pond to hail then ashore. Now the float is tied up to the dam and new no trespassing signs are affixed to the deck.

It must have been fun while it lasted!

itieuglyflies

I wasn't sure where you were going with this report......thought you finally had yourself a boat!

Dougfish

Quote from: itieuglyflies on October 01, 2018, 17:59:52 PM
I wasn't sure where you were going with this report......thought you finally had yourself a boat!
The same.
Cheap bastard that he is.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

BRFFF

Number 11 came to the net today! It was classic! The fish was moving across the flat at about 40 feet out. I cast out and in front of the fish and I first I though it might have landed too far out in front. Stripped of in slowly and then let it drop and I waited. Then the fish moved to the fly and I set the hook and the game was on! It made a great initial run and then headed for the snags on the near bank. Fortunately he stayed free of the submerged limbs.

itieuglyflies

Go Woolly! Which one was that? I am sure you must be on a first name basis with with all them carps in that pond by now.

BRFFF

Downside of today's catch is that the lawn service amigo witnessed the catch and took photos, " mang, I've never seen fish like that, so big!"

Phil

Quote from: BRFFF on October 03, 2018, 16:02:37 PM
Downside of today's catch is that the lawn service amigo witnessed the catch and took photos, " mang, I've never seen fish like that, so big!"

Uh-Oh!! Very nice carp, btw. Way to go, Woolly!  bd;0

dhjunkie

Pretty work Woolly, go getcha another one.

NCsporksman

Stocker

Al

All the "amigo's" buddies are going to arrive one dark night with a seine net and there goes your secret carp fishery  :o ;D

Dougfish

Quote from: Al on October 04, 2018, 11:25:59 AM

All the "amigo's" buddies are going to arrive one dark night with a seine net and there goes your secret carp fishery  :o ;D
That's amigo's amigos.

Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,