News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Carp unlimited

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 26, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fin

QuoteSpork said there were carp, we caught none

What's really important is did you have opportunity?  Catching is a whole other thing.  I checked out what I thought would be some promising water Saturday morning as well.  Zero shots at feeding fish.  Only a couple of fleeing fish spotted in about six hours of water time.  Oh well, you don't know if you don't check it out.

NCsporksman

Quote from: Fin on July 16, 2018, 05:48:20 AM
QuoteSpork said there were carp, we caught none

What's really important is did you have opportunity?  Catching is a whole other thing.  I checked out what I thought would be some promising water Saturday morning as well.  Zero shots at feeding fish.  Only a couple of fleeing fish spotted in about six hours of water time.  Oh well, you don't know if you don't check it out.
Lol Woolly quit fishing carp and started throwing at smallies within 8 minutes of arriving....fact...I got the finger from multiple carps, after 4 trips of this I'm a little suspect..time to switch to trebles or have finn bless my flies beforehand

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Phil

Spit tobacco juice on them flies.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Phil on July 16, 2018, 10:27:50 AM
Spit tobacco juice on them flies.

If I chewed tobacco I would try this...

Wasted another couple of hours at the muddy pond today. Many shots... zero hook-ups

Read this article but it hasn't helped... I feel like I'm due some good luck soon.

http://www.flycarpin.com/2015/03/ten-tips-for-catching-carp-in-muddy.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Low light this morning— 5 good shots at carp feeding in close to the bank in shallow water... still can't see the fly or the carp's mouth— 1st one turned to the fly, I set the hook... too early or too late—- had another eat but no love

Carp 305, wb - 7

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Fin

QuoteCarp 305, wb - 7

Fun isn't it?   V:;

Woolly Bugger

Last night I finally got a hookup on a large carp... I flubbed he hookset and dropped the line so the fish ran 30 feet before becoming tight — I set again and thought I was good as the fish ran me close to the backing. Put some pressure on the fish and the hook popped out.

Later I saw Najinski cruising around on the surface in the middle of the pond, I had to good shots and saw the fish turn to the fly. Solid strip set to no avail!

The hunt continues !

me -There's a season?

Phil

When you say "large" what carpage are we talking here, Woolly? Can you give me an estimate?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Phil on July 21, 2018, 16:07:43 PM
When you say "large" what carpage are we talking here, Woolly? Can you give me an estimate?

I believe the one I hooked was probably 26 - 28 inches and Nijinsky is over 36"

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Notes from the pond: Today I saw three or four pairs of large carp swimming in circles around each other on this cloudy day. I had to cast most of the fly line to reach them and they weren't frightened by the line shooting over their heads. They also weren't interested in eating. I would work each pair as the moved in and out of range. I probably made 30 cast that should have connected with one of the bastards.

Is this spawning activity?

me -There's a season?

Stone-Man

Keith,
They usually spawn earlier than this ,but this unusually cool weather might have triggered some different activity.It is going to be in the low 60's at night here for the next 8 days

JT

Woolly Bugger

Sort of looks like this but out in the middle of the pond and with 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 in the pod

I think that they spawned in early June also...

me -There's a season?

Dougfish

Seen that group sex in the duckponds at VT. I might or might not have participated.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

On the bright side I can now cast almost the entire fly line (all be about 8 ft) and am working on getting it all out there

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

"I'll try and stay away from you"

me -There's a season?