News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Carp unlimited

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 26, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Give ya credit Woolly, you are persistent and it is paying off. bd;0  'c;  bd;0  'c;  bd;0  'c;

Woolly Bugger

So yesterday I was looking for carp at the pond and cast into a mud plume only to hook a dinner plate sized snapper! And today I hooked two more of them  :embarassed: one chased after the fly on the strip. Was able to drank them in close and use the rod tip to dislodge the hook!

Who knew #snappersonthefly #carpblockers

You cannot view this attachment.

So easy even Spork could catch one!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

I'm still trying to keep pace with last year so I went back to the pond for a bit this morning, it was overcast but there were several feeding in the shallow end and I got a couple of good shots at them. But they declined my offering, one that has worked in the past.

Later in the afternoon I went back for more abuse. There were a couple of kids fishing so my options were limited but again as I waited several carp came within range and I fired off a few shots, rejected again and also snarled in the branches on backcaat led to more frustration.

This was the first time this season that I went in the late afternoon and was surprised at all the activity. I may have to go back to try again for #9
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Carp are assholes - jis say'in
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Damn it! Two eats today but not landed   :o  n!n
me -There's a season?

Sedition and Pockets

I spend a fair amount of time stalking white amur with dries.  It is an incredibly frustrating game, and therefore one worth playing.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

I've only caught a few on the surface with the exception of the brood cicada hatches!

me -There's a season?

Sedition and Pockets

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 12, 2019, 12:16:27 PMI've only caught a few on the surface with the exception of the brood cicada hatches!

They seem to be pretty bug happy in the mornings and evenings, especially when they're cruising around right against the bank.  They were hot after those Japanese beetles when those were around in numbers. It's such a great, slow eat when it comes.

Woolly Bugger

Spent my hour at the pond today, it was very quite, only one shot at a carp and I got carp blocked also had one snapper follow  :o

me -There's a season?

Fin

I've been exploring a new carpin' destination from the high vantage point of my Kaku Voodoo. Ran the numbers this morning.  Two trips, 18 miles of shoreline paddled, six carp in the net.  That's 0.333 carp per miles explored.  Success!?!   

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Fin on August 13, 2019, 08:12:48 AMI've been exploring a new carpin' destination from the high vantage point of my Kaku Voodoo. Ran the numbers this morning.  Two trips, 18 miles of shoreline paddled, six carp in the net.  That's 0.333 carp per miles explored.  Success!?!   

damn....

I walked the bank a dozen times this morning, had 3 good shots, was denied...
me -There's a season?

Sedition and Pockets

Found about an hour to fish this evening, so I slipped down to nothingburger of an urban creek that flows through my neighborhood.  I have not previously fished this because it looked neither appetizing nor particularly fishy, but it turns out to have its own charms.

Woolly Bugger

I spent about 30 minutes looking fer carps in the pond this morning had a half ass shot between trees, lost my fly. Came back later in the afternoon when I had a little more time. Got the  n!n from two and then had an eat but it didn't hold!  -+; May try again tomorrow or the next day...  p;-
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

I've been to the pond many days in a row. The carp are to be found on the bank early in the morning. I had quite a few shots at tailers yesterday and I believe I had a couple of eats, but the visibility is so bad I can't really tell if they have sucked the fly. I tend to strip set if I see them move towards the fly. I even had a hook up. I let out a loud "damn it" in total frustration. I think they are starting to spawn and I've seen many more cruisers. Today I had about 20 shots at bank feeders, but they a) ignored the fly b) changed directions c) spooked d) flipped me off. I started casting to the cruisers on the big flat at 40 to 60 feet out. I was met with similar results but a few appeared to move towards the fly. Finally I got a solid hook up and a damn fine double run from a mirror. Hoping to avoid a "carp in the dirt" photo, I set up the phone on video and then netted the fish. Unfortunately the video totally sucked, but I managed to "improve" the image enough to post it up.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you Carp Number 9 for 2019!

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Lot the top water action begin!

I've been waiting for there to stop dropping!

me -There's a season?