News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Carp unlimited

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 26, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.

WTF?
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

I’ve been checking out the pond from time to time and finally saw some carp activity the other day.

This morning I took a look and sAw a few groups clooping on the surface. Had to take care of biz and pick up a rod before I could chase after them.

Had a bit of free time this afternoon and strung up the rod and had a look see. Not too much to be seen?

I’ll be back soon.
me -There's a season?

Fin

Sunday looks promising for some shallow water carpin'.

Woolly Bugger

Many carps cruising around, 30 - 80 feet off the bank!

One was interested!

me -There's a season?

ARontheFly

'c;  'c;  'c;  After many years of not pursuing carp, I am fired up for poling my boat around after some carps this year!!
Awesome!
Do you get heavy runs on nearly every fish? Or like many species does it just depend on the individual you hook into?
Tippet sizing?
"We don't whitewash it either, Morty. I mean, the pirates are really rapey."

Woolly Bugger

these guys are fighters... if you hook one in the shallow end watch out they run like crazy... in the deeper end they dive and fight but the run isn't as long...
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Went out this morning for a bit, the carp were doing the cruise by thing and I had a number of shots. When I arrived there were three guys with about nine rods rigging up, I said good morning and walked on down a ways, as I was stripping off line for my first cast I turned to see the commotion on the bank ad a tight line in the water, I grabbed my net and double timed it back to fisherman who had hooked a carp. I was about to shout out, as they were trying to drag the fish up the bank, but before I could get a sound out I heard the snap of the mono....

<-;:

I'll go back another day when it's less crowded.... d:b
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Got lucky today, this guy picked the fly up off the bottom 40 feet out and ran with it!

me -There's a season?

Big J

Woolly Bugger

Yesterday I was casting to a mud plume of what I thought was a tailing carp! A damn snapper took the fly, I broke him off, sorry spork!

Today I cast to a few cruisers without any luck but found a pair feeding on the bank but under a branch. Hooking it was easy, finally got it under and on the right side of the branch and into the net. It was a flopper!

me -There's a season?

itieuglyflies

Looks like Mr. Buglemouth was wearing a gillie suit. Good going Woolly.

Dougfish

Why you treating those carps so poorly?  :laugh:
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on April 12, 2019, 07:00:02 AMWhy you treating those carps so poorly?  :laugh:

It did it all to itself! As I put the net down for the photo that fucker flipped out and over and over and wrapped up in there leader as I scrambled after it. I almost put it back without taking a photo! I need a ghillie! Volunteers?
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

effin carps are spawing on the bank. making a racket and mudding around like crazy. can't see two inches and their noses are up under the bushes and banks. argggggg. had a couple of shots but there were ignored. cast to a couple of cruisers, one turned to the fly but swam on by.

me -There's a season?