Anybody else get caught in the hail storm yesterday?

Started by troutboy_II, June 03, 2011, 20:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutboy_II

It beat the hell out of my car.  Called the ins. company, but don't know what they'll do.  Never seen that many dimples in one spot except on a golf ball.  We'll see if they will re-skin the 11 year old 130K miles Volvo (yes TP, a Volvo - what else, right?) or just declare it a disaster area and leave town. >:(

What can they do to fix that kind of damage anyway?  We're not talking a ding here and there - it is covered in dings.  Sounded like a machine gun for 20 minutes in the car and I couldn't get it under cover...  actual drifts of hailstones about 18 inched high.  Craziest weather thing I've seen up close in quite a while.

TB

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Maybe instead of carpetbagging for Obama and putting all those miles on your "Volvo",bwhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!......(I figured you for a prius driver)

You should have saved your money an built a garage or at least a car port on that shotgun shack you have as an avatar.

Did you piss away your Obamy stimulus check on cheap beer and boys at the truck stop?

If worse comes to worse, paint the fucking thing white and find a job at a golf course selling used balls you find in the woods or at the bottom of the water holes. It would make a real advertisement statement!

Think about it......you could be the golf ball troll in a golf ball car!

I could make a few calls for ya?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

diaz dassie

troutboy_II

You're probably right about no pictures Wooly.  Sorry.  I will say driving in the storm was unreal - sounded like a machine gun hitting everything and so slick it was like driving in a winter ice storm.

Bottom line, insurance company totaled the car!  They figured 2001 S60 with 130K miles was still worth $7K and cost to repair was above that. :o

Damn, just put $1K in it.  There's a law about that somewhere. 

Now in the market for a lightly used Prius.  Perhaps TP would allow me to test drive his... :-*

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: troutboy_II on June 06, 2011, 20:45:45 PM
You're probably right about no pictures Wooly.  Sorry.  I will say driving in the storm was unreal - sounded like a machine gun hitting everything and so slick it was like driving in a winter ice storm.

Bottom line, insurance company totaled the car!  They figured 2001 S60 with 130K miles was still worth $7K and cost to repair was above that. :o

Damn, just put $1K in it.  There's a law about that somewhere. 

Now in the market for a lightly used Prius.  Perhaps TP would allow me to test drive his... :-*

TB

I found the perfect car for you ;D You might also consider helping your boy out, buy a Chrysler :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

TB II, photos of the car... you need to post pictures of your volvo golf ball  :D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trouthemp

Turd,

It's not a "Volvo", but you have to admit it does have a certain stylish appeal.

Think of it as a shag-gin wagon, or you might take a page from Weiner's playbook,
and post naked picks while sitting in or on your golf ball car?

The chicks dig it mayyyyyun!
were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

Stuart R.

Quote from: troutphisher on June 03, 2011, 21:02:08 PM
Maybe instead of carpetbagging for Obama and putting all those miles on your "Volvo",bwhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!......(I figured you for a prius driver)

You should have saved your money an built a garage or at least a car port on that shotgun shack you have as an avatar.

Did you piss away your Obamy stimulus check on cheap beer and boys at the truck stop?

If worse comes to worse, paint the fucking thing white and find a job at a golf course selling used balls you find in the woods or at the bottom of the water holes. It would make a real advertisement statement!

Think about it......you could be the golf ball troll in a golf ball car!

I could make a few calls for ya?

TP I feel like you are holding back, why don't you just say what you feel! -0-  :o

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

troutboy_II

Hemo -

Where did you get the picture of my poor car??

TB