News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Cumberland Island GA

Started by thamilton89, February 23, 2012, 00:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thamilton89

Making a trip next weekend to cumberland island next weekend wondering if anyone knows anything about the fishing from the surf or on the island any info would be be great. Also just a random here anyone know ho to find and prepare wild oysters?

thamilton89

While im on a roll. How long does fish stay good after being caught and gutted but not being put on ice or refrigerated. Will it stay good longer without gutting immediately?

ncguy

Quote from: thamilton89 on February 23, 2012, 00:26:06 AM
Making a trip next weekend to cumberland island next weekend wondering if anyone knows anything about the fishing from the surf or on the island any info would be be great. Also just a random here anyone know ho to find and prepare wild oysters?
Transylwader's your man on the wild oysters.

PisgahSpeck

Quote from: thamilton89 on February 23, 2012, 00:26:06 AM

You lick it out man.  Drink a beer and slurp the bastard up.  Put some lemon on it if you want.

OR.....steam them real quick.

thamilton89

Thank you gentlemen... anyone been the island know anything bout the fishing?

thamilton89

Any recommendations on what to throw in the marsh/ surf? Probably take my fly rod and some regular tackle.

thamilton89

This regards fresh and saltwater don't really understand why it was moved?

bullship

As far as i know all the water around cumberland is salty, being it is an island, with the ocean on one side. There are some lagoons and shit on the island, but I'd steer clear of them unless you want to be gator bait. It's an awesome place. I never fished there, but I've camped in the backcountry several times. The wife and I might actually venture down there for our 10 year this May. I'll definitely pack a rod this time. Good luck.

Heads up on the raccoons. They're brilliant and fearless. And the horses.....just get out of the way if you hear one. Armadillos everywhere....and tiny deer. The palmettos are stabby. Water tastes like an egg fart. Ticks, TIcks, TIIIIIICKKKKKSSS..... The old mansion on mushrooms is pretty awesome too, but I've said too much.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

thamilton89

Ha. Thanks you said just enough.