News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Charlotte fly fishing show

Started by Fire-Fly, January 19, 2007, 12:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

Is anyone going to the fly fishing show in charlotte n.c. feb 2,3,4? I am going thought i would get up with anyone who is going.

Trout Maharishi

Not this year :-\ The show has actually diminished in size the last couple years. I think there have been some schedule conflicts with other shows and I know the rod builders part of the show has moved it's location and date. Plus once I've  seen someones presentation a couple times it becomes redundant information, and they have not had much success in luring new people this show. If you've never been it would be interesting. I think I enjoy the fly tying part the most. Always lots of good tyers, new materials, and deals on materials.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

rivetlber

Got to workkkkkk

Will miss the tye & lieing

Trout Maharishi

I would like to see Plumbob tie a couple flies, but other than that I'll be OK with missing it 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on January 25, 2007, 08:13:55 AM
I would like to see Plumbob tie a couple flies, but other than that I'll be OK with missing it 8)

that ought to take about 30 seconds...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

calebB

More like all day.  8)    Mararishi why don't you come on up here. 0--0  Doesn't take that long to get here does it?

BC

There's a few of us that wouldn't mind seein' you wrap up a couple , Maha .

Trout Maharishi

Can't tie anymore, my nerves are shot :o
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

I live about an hour away, but wont attend.   :-[
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

calebB

QuoteCan't tie anymore, my nerves are shot

zat mean your flies just went up in value?

Trout Maharishi

Naw, can't hardly make any money fly tying now days. All anybody wants now days is them 39 cent flies from Africa :P
― Charles Bukowski

calebB

I was talking about the ones already in existence. Maybe they'll become collectors items or something...