As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Eat a Wild One

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, July 13, 2016, 18:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eating Wild Eastern Brookies

I've eaten wild Brook Trout once
5 (15.2%)
I eat wild Brookies regularly (or more than once)
13 (39.4%)
I have never eaten a wild Brookie, but feel it is ok
10 (30.3%)
I have never eaten a wild Brookie, and consider it a malevolent transgression, warranting a wallop with a framing hammer to the glans of the penis
1 (3%)
Once at Circus Art Camp I licked (sort of ate) a gal named Brook (close to Brookie) and she tasted like a combination of cotton candy and caramel apple
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

RiverbumCO

Solo backpacking/elk hunt 3 miles from trailhead beside a lake in Colorado. Cockroaches out there anyway. Roasted on a spit.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: RiverbumCO on July 13, 2016, 19:51:03 PM
Solo backpacking/elk hunt 3 miles from trailhead beside a lake in Colorado. Cockroaches out there anyway. Roasted on a spit.

Honest, but not eastern. 

RiverbumCO

Shit, well, I bet I ate one of those once too.

Yallerhammer

I suck the tender pink flesh from their lifeless carcasses and pick my teeth with their rib bones. :D Actually, I don't eat specks very often. I love to eat trout, but mostly eat rainbows or holdover stockers. Every now and then, though, I must partake of the filet mignon of the trout world. The craving was genetically implanted into me at conception, along with a desire for ramps, morel mushrooms, cathead biscuits, trashy women, and white likker.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

benben reincarnated

Wild brown trout is delish.  That cheek meat on a fat brown trout can't be beat. 

Big J

I can't even comprehend these sentences.  "eat" and "wild brook trout"?  You savages.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on July 14, 2016, 07:32:50 AM
I can't even comprehend these sentences.  "eat" and "wild brook trout"?  You savages.

Yes, it is the same as you not comprehending 'fellatio or hand-job from a stranger' or 'one night stand' or 'drinking until you puke' or 'smoking a blunt' or 'licking a gal named Brook before marriage'.  It is that Liberty education.  Stay true young man; we are savages.  Big J, you are likely the only truly honorable pal I have.  I need at least one clean to stabilize all the contaminated.

RiverbumCO

Dougfish

I'm one of the dirty ones. Very. Dirty.  :banana072:
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

jwgnc

I enjoyed an "appropriate"share of brookies from Michigan's Au Sable and feeder creeks to Lake Leelanau in my youth (to age 50).

For those of you born too late:  Tom Robbins  reminds us, "it's  never too late to have a happy childhood"

4 glasses of wine and no longer counting.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

admiralburns

Stockers receive no mercy.

Wild brookies...not yet.  There may come a day.

Aka

I don't think I've eaten an eastern brook trout. I've pan fried a hell of a lot of their northern dolly varden cousins though. I'll make a point of frying one up soon.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Today Big J. lost his brookie virginity.  I tried to stop him but he was hell-bent on having his first taste. 

NCsporksman

If the day looks like it'll be worth the trouble hell yes...but foreal maybe 2 times a year, brookies or bows, I like the browns bettr swimmin

I really wanna get my hands on some snakehead. The prime rib of the Potomac

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk