News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

winter water..

Started by blue ridge angler, December 03, 2010, 00:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

Got out with snag today..
The water was much different than my last flooded report..the high flows had scoured the stream bed, and it was a beautiful sight to see the clean cobbled bottom, although coupled with the nice flows it made spotting fish much tougher than usual even in the crystal clear water..

At one point I got a good lesson on why you should de-barb your hooks, and use a net when fishing 2 fly rigs..

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It took 2 good yanks but snag got it out..

Once I stopped bleeding we proceeded to catch some quality fish..

good times as always...  d:b d:b d:b

diaz dassie

ouch fuck fuck fuck! I know what that shit feels like, had one go astray back in mother hengland in the right cheek of my lard ass. DBARB BREH!!!! I think I just chundered seeing that photie. Buddy, hope u didnt fuck ur finger but dayum, thats sore shit. Be safe with them flies maihn! :o

Get Bent

Looks like a kick ass day... Can't wait for some snowy mid weak days to sneak up there.

-0-
Konichiwa Bitches!

jwgnc

Great day for a Hat Trick  'c; 'c; 'c;
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

croaker

Grand report!

Quote from: blue ridge angler on December 03, 2010, 00:21:46 AM

It took 2 good yanks but snag got it out..

Hook that small shoulda came out on the first yank...   ;D
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

twinbridges

When you catch fish like that there are no problems!  Well done.
Did you use the loop  with mono trick and hold the eye of the hook down and a quick jerk backwards?  This works pretty well if the jerk is fast and hard.....no time for wimpy work.

blue ridge angler

Quote from: twinbridges on December 04, 2010, 09:51:23 AM
When you catch fish like that there are no problems!  Well done.
Did you use the loop  with mono trick and hold the eye of the hook down and a quick jerk backwards?  This works pretty well if the jerk is fast and hard.....no time for wimpy work.

thought about using the mono loop but the whole bend of the hook was inside my finger so it had to be rotated out..there was nothing for it but to just grab it with the hemo's and do the deed..

Trout Maharishi

Suckage 'c; I would have just poked a hook that small thur the skin on the other side and clipped it off p;- Why were ya'll using red midges anyway, you know they won't catch any fish, especially with a red bead on them :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on December 04, 2010, 11:45:46 AM
Suckage 'c; I would have just poked a hook that small thur the skin on the other side and clipped it off

I tried that but the damn bone kept getting in the way :o.  BRA aint got the "insulation" that I do.