News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

TN Sampling

Started by TheYiman, September 30, 2012, 14:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYiman

A couple days ago, I had an afternoon that was perfect for fishing - no responsibilities, cooler temps, mostly cloudy skies.  I decided to hit my favorite stream and stay till dark.  "Watch out for those water moccasins," the landowner tells me as I walk out to the stream.  We have a brief chat about the snakes that inhabit the area and I string up.  The water is a good flow and clear.  Nice.  As other parts of the country did, here in mid-TN we had a dry summer with really low water levels in many of the places I fish.  It is great to see some water back in here.

I spent most of the afternoon and evening slowly working one big pool.  I have fished this pool before but usually quickly.  This day, I decided to linger and really work this spot.  There are plenty of fish all over this hole.  I ended up catching a good sampling if TN stream fish.  This stream is primarily a Smallmouth fishery, but the brown fish kept alluding me.  I had a decent one spit the hook mid-air, but I was mostly catching panfish.  I did pull a nice Largemouth out of some fast water, probably the best small stream LMB I have caught.  Right at dark, I landed the fish I was chasing all day.  A nice 13 - 14" Smallmouth came to hand.  Most of the fish today were caught on a yellow blockhead popper.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Till next time, cheers.

JR

Big J

Very nice variety there.  That smallie was a nice way to round it off.

tomato can