Main Menu

de

Started by bowsreign, April 23, 2007, 20:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowsreign

de
hkl

Woolly Bugger

Well, losing a generator may, change the whole picture for the Smith River Study....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

OTS

Find areas where the flow is not so fast and the water is not so deep, some of my best days and best trout on that river was during one flow generations.. It is also the absolute best possible floating conditions as well..

dundeal

No doubt.  I fished it today from 5-8 and it was running fast.  Got wet, which made for a nice , cool time on the river.  Had luck on streamers where I could fish it w/o plunging under.  I was thinking of tomorrow, but may reconsider with the new generation schedule.   
8@S

Larry

Thanks for the information. I was wondering what was going on with them and their generation schedule. We can only hope that the other unit goes out as well. It is certainly more likely to do so with them running it so much.

A friend went up last week on Thursday and were really looking forward to fshing the schedule they had posted. I had called on Tuesday and did not check back on Wednesday. We got suite up and walked down the river. Needless to say we waited and waited without the river dropping. My friend reorgainized his fishing vest to the point he can't find any thing.

Does any one know what we can expect from this point on?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Larry on April 25, 2007, 10:25:49 AM
Does any one know what we can expect from this point on?

Well from the information we got at the recent Smith River Meeting, the Corps indicated that those generators were unique and if they failed would require extensive work to replace. The were manufactured from steel from ships after WWII. It may require yet another study and an act of congress to repair/replace the unit.

I'm sure Al will fill us in on the details when he gets them. Other wise we might have to start taking drift boats down the river. :o

I suspect that they will continue with the current generation schedule until the repair/replacement is completed!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

OTS

Have you actually float fished the Smith river? If so, what type water craft did you use?
I think the flow with one unit running is too heavy to safely wade fish for the average person. Speaking of average, I remember you from that magazine article. You're the one that claims the average Brown Trout in the Smith are 14".  ::)

Floated it a few times with a local dentist, both full generation and one unit generation.. With one unit flowing it really is a fairly comfortable float.. There are now 4 boat ramps, that I know of, along the section from the dam to Fielddale. It is not the safest wade during one unit generation but if one looks for the proper edy's some wading can be done..

As far as the magazing article: I have told you many times that yes, I was in that article and that you really need to get who said what correct.. I remember that you said you like to ruffle feathers as often as you can on these forums but please; it is getting a bit old now so give it a break and stop mis quoting my statements in the article everytime that you see a post from me and learn who is who and who said what correctly...

Gofisher

Are you ALWAYS such a butthole troutie? Just curious...
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Al

Been gone a few days on a turkey hunt and had not seen this thread. Glad to see that things are normal with you fellows still at each others throats :-[.

Here is the skinny on last weeks change in generation as far as I can determine:

One generator broke down last week and they decided to wring as much revenue from the water available by running that water through the other generator. It just takes longer when there is only one turbine to spin.

I share your frustration. Sure a hell of a way to run a railroad. Like they said at the big meeting, Flood control and revenue from sale of electric power come first. Recreation is way down on the list.

Appears that they are back to normal next week. In fact it seems pretty fisherman friendly to me. Nothing on the weekend and 3-6pm during the week. As always, subject to change without notice.

troutphisher

What? Al a secrete modul8-tor spy? with possible connections to SELFF?

Has the whole world gone mad?

Oooooooh! the peril of mankind  :'(

We're all F%^&#@ now.  :o
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Gofisher

Secret commie mod...go figure...
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.