News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A twofer

Started by tomato can, August 03, 2013, 19:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomato can

Its been a long time since I posted a TR so I am posting two small trips together.  I have not fished in a while & I've been up north cause my father is in the hospital.  He put a fiberglass fenwick in my hands and showed me how to swing a hornberg a long long time ago.  We have plans to go a a trip when he gets out.  anyway here it goes.  The first creek all we caught were rainbows such as these Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

and these

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

and were were deep in the paw paw patch

I broke off 4 fish and finally figured out I have some rotten tippet.  Missed some nice fish because of that tippet.

But onward to stream #2 one of my favorites.

Flowers for Doug

still cracks me up every time...like a drop of blood (channeling my inner C.McCarthy

X2

Some colorful fungi

Here is the stream

& the payoff

Now centered in the picture below is a whiteface hornets nest.  My fishing partner came around the corner and just about hit the nest with his head but I warned him.  20 or 30 years ago I would of got 'em riled up and videod him as he came around the corner but I am slowly getting nicer. 

and a parting shot of this creek.

I still don't know how you guys take such nice fish pictures.  Sorry for the crappy photos.

Michael Toris

Did you eat those Paw Paw berries? Heard they taste like bananas -0-

tomato can

Naw they ain't ripe yet.  But I know of a better patch and I will get some if I can beat the varmints to 'em.

sanjuanwormhatch

DRIFTS

Always wondered what that funny fruit was. Looks like it could give you the green paw paw two step. Good TR :))
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

benben reincarnated

That is a nice looking stream...nice bedrock, mossy green, big boulders, looks like a lot of streams I frequent around here.

Rotten tippet, must have been a good while for you.

Fuck hornets.

itieuglyflies

tomato

I think we almost hit that same hornets nest yesterday....was that you that ran into two guys on the stream and was surprised that they had no car?

tomato can

Why yes it was.  Good to meet you fine gentlemen.  That creek is fishing well.  You'all did not get stung did ya?
& did you see any snakes?

Woolly Bugger

That pawpaw fruit is suppose to be good for you. The Indians (native Americans ) planted it all over the eastern states. Taste like banana!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

22midge

Nice report ........brings back a good laugh from about 14 years ago.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

itieuglyflies

Fortunately we saw no snakes and avoided the hornets but we did enjoy catching a good number of fish on that fine stream. In one pool we saw a dozen of those crayfish and  in another a large eel. Hard to believe such good conditions in August.

wind_knot

A fine looking stretch of water!!  'c; The hornets though, we are not best buds!!! >:D

matrat118

I know that 2nd stream well. I recognize it, along with those bright orange crawdads. But haven't fished in a few years. Need to get back up there. Nice report
"I have laid aside business and gone a-fishing"... Izaak walton

Dougfish

'c; 'c; 'c;
Good job, TC. That second stream, which many of us know, was one that humbled the heck out of me in Feb.  I haven't had the pleasure misfortune to slide back in there since. That MF owes me.

Big J

About time you post up some good TC.  'c;