Sunday Blessings, Bigly

Started by Onslow, May 21, 2017, 15:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Someone needs to lick her lower back whilst she plays.

Skipped church, and went fishing.  There were some faces there I just didn't want to see.  Some cleaving has taken place in our idyllic community due quarrels over resource allocations in our school system.  Enough of that, it's time hit the water!

After anxiously watching the radar loop at 5 AM, a decision was made to go straight North instead of West, to a stream that never disappoints.  It is also a stream in the middle of no damned where far away from people.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Not exactly a beauty, but one that is fairly unspoiled, easy to wade, and one that provides quite a bounty for it's inhabitants.  The first trout caught was obese.  It's midsection had twice the height of it's head

It could have been a decent day for some topwater action, but it was rather wet. 

19 inches.  This is the largest brown I've ever caught in a stream with a drainage size 8 sq. miles or less.  Caught a couple other browns, and a couple bows.

Action slowed after 9 AM.  Packed it in at 9:45, and headed back to the truck

I wanted to torture the natives at a nearby stream.  Pulled up at 11, hiked a bit, and went to work.  Flows were a bit raucous, and fishing not terribly ideal.  I could have stayed much longer, but the fish were not colorful presumably due to the discolored water.

Said fuggit, and met the wifey for lunch.  What a lovely morning it was.

itieuglyflies

Beautiful music, back and brown....

Big J

You find the weirdest crap Ken.  Both in video and streams.  V:;

Dougfish

Skipping church, licking her lower back. Cheers, dude. I volunteer!

Oh, hell of a brown for that stream.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

driver

Quote from: Big J on May 21, 2017, 18:05:34 PM
You find the weirdest crap Ken.  Both in video and streams.  V:;
This!

Nice leeeeroy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

streamereater_101691

fucking toad brownie ken. I bet that was a real fight for that size water 0:0

Onslow

Yes, it fought well for sure.  Caught it right underneath a ledge/secondary chute in calm water in one the larger pools on this creek.  I always catch larger fish when I'm without a net.  Every time I fish this stream, it gives up a larger fish than what the previous trip yielded.  What really gets me worked up are the dark green drakes.  Saw about a dozen during the course of this wet trip.

NCsporksman

Hell yea Ken!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I like that brown and I can respect your Sunday morning savvy.  Kudos. 

A verse a day can keep the church goers at bay.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
<28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.>
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

rbphoto

Wow!

I rather doubt anyone has ever posted a TR with Schumann as the background music . . .

That is an amazing fish for that little stream.

Nicely done.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on May 22, 2017, 06:22:56 AM

<28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.>

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/ot_and_rape.htm

Don't choose to go deep on some parts of the Bible but not others.  Context is key.  Stop throwing this stuff in Ken's thread too ya hermit.

Woolly Bugger

Sweet baby Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

streamereater_101691

Quote from: Onslow on May 21, 2017, 20:11:53 PM
What really gets me worked up are the dark green drakes.  Saw about a dozen during the course of this wet trip.

They are all over white top as of last week. I think us anglers get just as excited over them as the fish do. Good signs of water quality and stable(high) ph of your stream.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on May 22, 2017, 08:16:03 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on May 22, 2017, 06:22:56 AM

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/ot_and_rape.htm

Don't choose to go deep on some parts of the Bible but not others.  Context is key.  Stop throwing this stuff in Ken's thread too ya hermit.

I thought cherry picking was SOP when dealing with the good book.  Or, is the practice of selectively picking nuggets only kosher with the believers?  I'm easily confused. 

Apologies to Ken and his thread, but he mentioned the skipping of morning worship.   He's a big boy and if my response upsets his apple cart then he can inform me. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

BrookieHunter