News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMiller

Well, it was 40 when I got up today.
Supposed to warm up early next week, then be nice next weekend for the gobbler opener. The birds should be fired up. Can't decide whether to chase them or concentrate on the musky thing for a few days so it can quit bothering me. Im at about 9 thousand casts, so next trip should  be a lock.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

NCsporksman

Phallus has approved of a casting platform, marine grade plywood and carpet is in the garage, just slip it in and probably gonna go with the wildmnttrout cooler top poling platform

Picked up my old trolling motor  and a nice bamboo push stick. Musky rod and line are in the mail....bote.fits.perfectly between ky wheel wells.....getting a chubby typin here

bmadd

RiverbumCO

Quote from: bullship on March 26, 2015, 17:33:11 PM
I can dig it. Erock--stuff it, single man. Don't forget to bring the weed.

I can remember being internet friends.  That time is behind us.

Yi and Spork...really cool guys, really cool.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

NCsporksman

Transylwader

Yiman, you, Sir, are a dick! The fat girls ALMOST made it up the crick but then this rain deluge came and ain't nobudday got no flotation device to deal with this.
I am gonna head further west and get the car fixed so I can come find you >:(

ptfranze

Was able to hit the white bass run early this week after work (and before the damn rain).  As I was leaving the parking lot ran into a few other fly fisherman I had met before, they said the day was pretty slow they had been there since around lunch (it was 430) and they had only managed 3 or 4 each.  Made me a little worried. 

Hiking down to the first spot I was gonna fish found this in a tree that hung over the path

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

A possible warning from Mike to stay away from his spot?

Ignored the warning and got on the water, explored the section of water for a little bit before I finally got my first hookup a small little male

Fished this section a little more until a guy came through on his boat fishing right over the top of me and where I was fishing.  Fuck that guy, I had never seen a boat that far up.  Left that section and hiked back up.  On the way back I must have gone a different way and found what was maybe a fox skeleton?  Any ideas guys?

Debated calling it a day just because the fishing was so slow but as I was walking back to the car I decided to jump back in and see if I could get into anything else.  This spot was one I had fished before so I knew fish had been there in previous years.  Picked up two more small males pretty quickly.

At this point it was right on par with my best white bass days never really caught more than 4 out there.  Fishing slowed down again started working my way up river towards the car.  Then hit the jackpot  d:b

Found a pod of white bass, started catching smaller males almost every cast.  Went from 3 to catching 20+  in the matter of about 30 min.  Had a blast and managed one decent size female (the only one I caught all day) 

Ended the day on her and left the fish biting.  It was starting to get dark and was around 715 when I made it back to the car.  Good day on the water and by far my best day for white bass.   d:b V:;

bullship

Definitely a fox. Nice basses.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

driver

I'm pretty sure it a Coyote. i got a good look at it when I was down there the week before last.

driver

After typing a bunch of shit and some how deleting all of it before I posted it.... Fuck it here some pictures

Sunday with Franzen caught like 50 something

Today, took yak out for first time this year. Caught these plus 25 ish small whites

Peace out

sanjuanwormhatch

Last fish is a damn nice fish. 

Dougfish

Transylwader

Driver, you are a bastard. I have been fucking around fixing up a John Boat (well, I haven't started shit to be honest) Watchign the gauges like a hawk, went down for 20 mins yesterday and scored a couple fatties. When them girls are in, it's on like Donkey Kong. Tried to coax PTFranze in but he gone trout fishing p;-
Holla. Oh yeah, you want in on bowfin? Theres a few bigguns near the impoundments.

driver

Yeah that bass was fun on the 5wt.

Tranny, I know a small municipal lake that is loaded with big bowfin. Best part is you can fish it with a boat and don't have to wade knee deep in mud to catch em. But its only good in the spring