News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Shit Plant Trout

Started by troutrus, August 17, 2011, 13:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

After witnessing the electroshocking on the Smith a couple weeks ago, I noticed in my log book that I hadn't fished for freshwater trout in about 11 months. Or, maybe in my old age I just forgot to make a journal entry.  ??? Dusted off the old rod and headed up last Tuesday and then again this morning. Nutrient rich areas have become some of my favorite spots to fish on rivers. It may be just my imaginiation, but it seems to me that the fish living in these affluent areas are a little chunkier.

Didn't catch a tremendous number of fish, but they do seem to be real healthy.

Some of the rainbows have such brilliant coloration, I often wonder if they're wild fish.

Only fished a couple hours today as it started to get too warm. Grabbed a nice cold brew before heading home. Guess this don't qualify as a yuppie beer, but can't beat the price at <13 cents a can.

Al

As the saying goes, "The proof was in the do-do" or something like that.  You were definitely in a good spot - but then again, anyplace in the trout holding sections, which is now 30 miles downstream of the Philpott Dam, is a good spot.

Get Bent

Holy crap, its Trouts! Nicely done.
Konichiwa Bitches!

gamatt53

very nice I need to get back up there. Haven't been able to fish or even get on here much lately  b';

Woolly Bugger

does miller get it's water from the Smith???
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 17, 2011, 23:25:31 PM
does miller get it's water from the Smith???
No, from city of Eden, i.e. Dan River.

benben reincarnated

Nice fish!  Bet it stinks like shit (no pun intended) near that place.

Quote from: troutrus on August 17, 2011, 13:40:02 PM
Only fished a couple hours today as it started to get too warm. Grabbed a nice cold brew before heading home. Guess this don't qualify as a yuppie beer, but can't beat the price at <13 cents a can.

Dayum, I need to start drinking cheaper beer.

hikecamp

Went up there this weekend. Started off slow then picked up with a purpose. The fish were jumping on the line. I guess the first one told them that I would let them go. Cost me a camera wet wading so no photos. Easy 10+ fish day.
"And finally, I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun."
-John Volker

consumnfire1229

What time of the day did the fishing pick up?  Very poor Saturday morning for me.  Water was very low and crystal clear...
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto