Started by Dee-Vo, June 30, 2017, 10:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 05, 2017, 11:08:19 AM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on June 30, 2017, 14:51:51 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 30, 2017, 13:44:47 PM
Pretentious snobby bastard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn straight. To add -- I paid $36.95 to have it next day shipped to me.  :laugh:

You can't hide money:D Hell, your shipping was more than I paid for my net.

Then I went and attached a $40 fishpond magnet thingy to it. :D

I fooled with that damned thing forever yesterday trying to get it attached like I wanted to my pack. Finally got it right and went fishing. The one fish I caught (rock bass) could've fit in the aquarium nets at Wal-Mart.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

I've rigged a small bungee cord to my net in case of magnet failure. While climbing/crawling through brush the net has came "unmagneted" lots of times when tangled with limbs/briars. The safety bungee saved my ass. That's a neat gadget there that you guys have. May have to grab one.

Dougfish

OK, now I have a retractor coming my way.
And my fifth net. A long handled medium size. For the boat. That hardly goes into the water.  -0-
We're all idiots.

https://www.amazon.com/Ego-Medium-Rubber-Landing-Net/dp/B001PF7584
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

rbphoto

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 05, 2017, 14:08:01 PM
Quote from: Big J on July 05, 2017, 11:19:55 AM
Magnets suck.  This is where it is at.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Gear-Keeper-Net-Retractor/732334.uts?productVariantId=1584652&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=30018017&rid=20&gclid=Cj0KEQjwnPLKBRC-j7nt1b7OlZwBEiQAv8lMLJZx555cPDPMFcw_h53OasPupY5Z6tqt6LCpW_qV2asaAlsg8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I had to fiddle with my magnets a little, but I got them so that they work perfectly for me. Never know the net is there, even crawling through rhodos.

Pictures or it didn't happen . . .

Just kidding.

I hate magnets as well.

Like Dougfish, I have gone through far too many nets.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

Damn straight. To add -- I paid $36.95 to have it next day shipped to me.  :laugh:

$40 bejesus they saw you coming....

I've like magnets.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Net-Release-System-Nickel-Plated-Magnets-7-LB-Pull-Force-Fly-Fishing-/121875834666?hash=item1c605da72a:g:IJgAAOSwLnlWpq97

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jwgnc

Magnet and a cord.  When you're sitting on the bank and drop a fly in the grass, the magnet will find it.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

BrookieHunter

Magnet plus bungee cord, plus another bungee cord, plus lojack!! I've lost two damn nets in 12 months, the first had just a magnet and my dumb ass left it laying somewhere in the Mount Mitchell area, second net had a magnet and a bungee cord but some absolutely insane rhodo in the Fontana area ate that bastard!! If anybody finds either one then congratulations and merry christmas. 0:0

tomato can

I am going to re bag my trout net.  But i am going to get a boat net from these guys

http://stevensnets.com/

their price is decent.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 05, 2017, 16:11:55 PM

$40 bejesus they saw you coming....

I've like magnets.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Net-Release-System-Nickel-Plated-Magnets-7-LB-Pull-Force-Fly-Fishing-/121875834666?hash=item1c605da72a:g:IJgAAOSwLnlWpq97

Yeah, but that one doesn't say "Fishpond" on it, and it's not at a local fly shop.  Kinda like those "O" and "S" words that add $250 to the price of a rod, or reel. ;D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

troutfanatic

Net?

I drag em in the rocks and pick em up with a boga grip.

I am on my 2nd rubber bagged 19.99 eagle claw trout net. I'm not out there to make a fashion statement.

Dee-Vo

So, this sucks.

Opened my bed cover this morning on the pickup and some bastard rodent had chewed a baseball sized hole in my $170 new net. Also, to add, it chewed my fly line in half on my rod combo.

Good morning pick me up to get the day going.

BrookieHunter

At least you can buy the replacement netting for cheap from fishpond for $16-$30, Way cheaper than $170

Dee-Vo

Quote from: BrookieHunter on September 20, 2017, 20:24:26 PM
At least you can buy the replacement netting for cheap from fishpond for $16-$30, Way cheaper than $170

That's what I'll do most likely. Now to figure out the stringing the net up to the frame thing.