Action Alert: Read, sign, get it done! Migratory Bird Treaty Act

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 19, 2020, 11:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA) is our nation's most important tool for preventing bird deaths. Now, this landmark law is under attack.

Millions of birds are killed each year by uncovered oil waste pits, power lines, and other dangers. The MBTA has been key to making sure companies take simple steps to cut down on these needless deaths - and that when their practices kill birds, they're held responsible for helping undo the damage.

That's about to change under a controversial new proposal from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) which lets those companies off the hook for the harm they cause to birds.

If they get away with betraying these birds to industrial interests, we'll see millions more preventable bird deaths - and many of those species can't take another hit before they disappear altogether.

Don't let millions of birds die. Add your voice: demand that USFWS keep critical protections for migratory birds!
https://therainforestsite.greatergood.com/clicktogive/trs/petition/dow-migratory-birds
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Stone-Man

OK
But I really dislike the DOW   Defenders of Wildlife because of what they and Audubon did to the OBX

JT

driver

Damn... looks like I might be cutting into some corporation's bottom line..

The DOW means well. Not everyone sees nature the way a lot of us on here do. Unless one can feel compassion for all things in the natural world, they will not understand. Especially a bunch of grumpy old fishermen. I used surf fish a lot on the OBX when all of that was going down. The biggest gripe was from local businesses, which I understand completely.. You have to ask yourself is which is worth more to you. The survival of a species or the survival of someones business? As a business owner, thats a tough call.