As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

?ytb

Started by trout-r-us, January 11, 2007, 10:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us

tfya?

Woolly Bugger

mostly fly fishing, but have been know to spin for smallies :)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutjedi

My four year old and I had a blast last summer tossing Powerbait grubs in the neighborhood lake for bluegills......will probably spend more time doing that this summer.  I haven't spin casted in years just because I find that streamers work just as well (well....I still need to figure out how to tie them on a treble hook  :o )

troutphisher

I haven't fished for another species in 15 years  ???

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on January 11, 2007, 13:08:08 PM

You were fishing for Savannah last month!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

FT

If it swims I'll fish for it.  Fly rod is weapon of choice, but have been know to dunk worms. 
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

Al

I do it all but preference is trout with a fly. Bream are also tops with a fly rod. If I want crappie I'll throw a light gig on a spinning rod or may even hook a small minnow under a bobber.

Every spring I make a couple runs to the Roanoke for striper's and usually use shiners or jigs unless the place is wall to wall with fish, then I'll break out a fly rod.

Mstash

Not above chunkin Bait

0--0 For you FT
I'll do what ever works where I am at the time.

I use to Ice Fish alot and loved it.

Mstash

troutphisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 11, 2007, 13:39:11 PM
Quote from: troutphisher on January 11, 2007, 13:08:08 PM

You were fishing for Savannah last month!

Woowy:
We are talking fish here......RETARD!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

phg

I do almost all my saltwater fishing with spinning rods.  I use lures more than I used to, but I still do about 1/2 with bait.  It depends on what I'm fishing for. 

My preference in fresh water is a flyrod, but I'll switch if the conditions warrant.

teachrtec

Trout fish with a fly most of the time. I will throw a spining rod for warm water fish on occassion. Usually after I catch some I begin to try to figure out what fly will work. I will try to catch any fish avaliable. I tend to favor a flyrod if at all possible.

Not a purist I guess.

Brad  8)
Brad  8)

troutjedi

Quote from: trout-r-us on January 11, 2007, 11:12:37 AM
Quote from: troutjedi on January 11, 2007, 10:57:34 AM
My four year old and I had a blast last summer tossing Powerbait grubs in the neighborhood lake for bluegills......will probably spend more time doing that this summer.  I haven't spin casted in years just because I find that streamers work just as well (well....I still need to figure out how to tie them on a treble hook  :o )

Not sure why you would need a treble hook. I normally replace treble hooks on spoons, spinners, and plugs with single hooks. IMO single hooks have much better hooking/holding capability and are much easier to deal with when removing hook from the fish, especially when using a landing net.

I was trying to be sarcastic......I very much dislike treble hooks  (notice the googly eyes....)

croaker

While I prefer the flypole for fishin' fer various fish...  I'm definitely not a purist.

I also enjoy many other forms of fishin', for any that swim.  Spinin', Limb lines, Jugs, Spear, Cast nets and even grabbed a few Grunion by hand in my younger days.

Ain't Fishin' Grand!!!

croaker
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

BC

Haven't picked up any hardware in quite awhile . Was a diehard Largemouth fisherman for years until I caught my first trout on a fly I tied and lost my mind . The insanity continues , and has grown leaps and bounds . But I gotta say , there's something awful special about watchin' a bobber go under , and I'm definately not above doin' that .

Arky_Dan

I own absolutely zero ,nada , zip ,not one iota of spinning gear . I do own 20 fly rods and use them on nothing but trout and bream .     Dan
work is for people who don't know how to fly fish !!!!!!