News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Onslow

There are many different strains.  Claims have been made that certain strains can linger on hard surfaces for up to 9 days.  Seems to me shipped packages could be quite the vector.

Dougfish

My wife (RN, MS, DNP educated) has studied pandemics, including the Spanish Flu about a hundred years ago. She predicts a slowing of infections in the next few months. Then a rapid growth in the fall/winter. Mutations will occur and control will be more difficult. Look at the difference in world wide travel in the last 100 years. Staggering growth and speed of travel. We'll need incredible international cooperation. Are you feeling good about our situation?
Whittling down the herd.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

streamereater_101691

Active cases are going down as well as death rate. I agree we will see it disappear during spring and summer then make a major comeback in winter.

Woolly Bugger

335 new cases and 11 new deaths in Italy, for a total of 2,036 cases and 52 deaths to date. Among the 1,835 active cases, 908 (49%) are hospitalized, 166 of which (representing 9% of active cases) are in intensive care. Among the 201 closed cases, 149 (74%) have recovered, 52 (26%) have died. Lombardy region urges people over 65 years of age to stay home and not go out for 2-3 weeks.

Looks a lot worse that the regular flu!

China—>Iran—>Italy—>the rest of the world
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 08, 2020, 11:07:28 AMhttps://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You cannot view this attachment.

Communist China is going to send workers back to factories on Monday!

Your 411 is a wee bit dated

Woolly Bugger

Spread of virus outside of China is troubling

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

What the hell?

Tens of thousands of prisoners in Iran have been released temporarily as the country tries to reduce coronavirus infections, officials say.

More than 54,000 inmates had been let out after testing negative for the virus, Iran's judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili said.

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Looks like northern Italy should have been locked down last week!
me -There's a season?

Big J

Still overhyped.  If you believe the, imho, under reported case numbers in China, the death rate is around 3.4%.  Most of the deaths in Washington are from a nursing home ( think one of the caretakers who died was in their 40's though).  This is not the herd thinning plague.  Viruses like Ebola had a 50% death rate and SARS was around 10%.  Coronavirus has a much easier time infecting and spreading, but the fact is, if you are relatively healthy, you won't have to even go to the hospital. They are reporting that over 80% of the cases are mild and need no medical intervention.  Why isn't that number being reported?  I believe that everyone should be obviously be prepared for the worst case scenario, but we have to be grounded in some facts and the level of paranoia with the Coronavirus is not based in fact with the current numbers from this virus.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on March 04, 2020, 08:50:30 AMStill overhyped.  If you believe the, imho, under reported case numbers in China, the death rate is around 3.4%.  Most of the deaths in Washington are from a nursing home ( think one of the caretakers who died was in their 40's though).  This is not the herd thinning plague.  Viruses like Ebola had a 50% death rate and SARS was around 10%.  Coronavirus has a much easier time infecting and spreading, but the fact is, if you are relatively healthy, you won't have to even go to the hospital. They are reporting that over 80% of the cases are mild and need no medical intervention.  Why isn't that number being reported?  I believe that everyone should be obviously be prepared for the worst case scenario, but we have to be grounded in some facts and the level of paranoia with the Coronavirus is not based in fact with the current numbers from this virus.

Tell that to the dead in Washington!

And then you have stupid, like this idiot in NH

https://www.axios.com/new-hampshire-coronavirus-patient-isolation-break-3e72c1f2-65f3-484f-98ae-78ef66aff803.html
me -There's a season?

hcrum87hc

I think it's already more widespread than reported.  Think about how many people have minor symptoms and think it's just a cold or flu, as it is that time of the year.  They likely aren't being reported, and a large number of people with those symptoms don't even go to the doctor.

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 04, 2020, 12:28:20 PMAnd then you have stupid, like this idiot in NH

https://www.axios.com/new-hampshire-coronavirus-patient-isolation-break-3e72c1f2-65f3-484f-98ae-78ef66aff803.html

That guy?  F that guy.
Jeremiah 17:7

Woolly Bugger

New cases are on the rise: I fear that Iran and India may be underreporting by huge margins

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Not sure how much the title had to do with the decision to delay the release of the new Bond film!
me -There's a season?

Big J

Now you are getting into some things that the coronavirus will impact.  While I do not chalk up 10 people dying (Majority with compromised immune systems) as the herd thinning plague, I will say the economic impacts of the coronavirus will hurt a lot of industries.
Specifically the Tourism industry and entertainment industry.  Also the production issues in China due to plants shutting down will impact products in the US.   The majority of the Pharmaceutical products for example are produced in China.  Will we see shortages in medicine? 

Also, what is up with the web browser distortion with the text WB?  The text is extended way out of boxes.