Native Trout Returned To Great Sand Dunes Park in Colorado

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 11, 2019, 12:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

QuoteACROSS COLORADO, CO— From Colorado Parks and Wildlife: In the continuing effort to restore native cutthroat trout to state waters, Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the National Park Service are cooperating on a major project set for late summer in Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve.

Two public meetings to explain the project are scheduled: 6 p.m., May 20 at the Rio Grande Water Conservation District office, 8805 Independence Way in Alamosa; and 6 p.m., May 21 at the library in Westcliffe, 209 Main Street.
The ambitious project will help re-establish Rio Grande cutthroat trout in Upper Sand Creek Lake, Lower Sand Creek Lake and in Sand Creek. The area is located high on the west flank of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range.

https://patch.com/colorado/across-co/native-trout-returned-great-sand-dunes-park
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

One of the coolest, unlikeliest places I've ever been.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006