News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

BRFFF Swap Auction

Started by WRector, April 09, 2010, 14:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRector

For anyone that is interested, various members of BRFFF have been participating in a couple of fly swaps over the last couple of months.  Each participant took the liberty to tie up an extra fly, which has been included in a set that will be auctioned off to benefit a charity.  The charity is currently being voted on by board members in the fly swap section and will be chosen at the end of this month (April):  http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,6974.0.html

The auction set of flies includes flies from a Soft Hackle Swap and BWO Swap for a total of 20 flies:  10 Soft Hackles and 10 BWO Patterns. CR has also thrown in a little home-made box to house the flies until they arrive at their new home.  Their are no guarantees, skill aside, but this set of flies promises to catch fish and add quite a variety to a just starting collection or to the seasoned veteran with more flies than they know what to do with.

The auction will be open to all BRFFF members.  Just place your bid below.  Keep in mind that this is for charity and 100% of the proceeds will be donated once the appropriate charity has been selected.  For the sake of keeping things simple, we will let the auction run till the end of April, unless more time is needed.  The winner will be notified at the end and shipment of the flies will occur once the proceeds have been received.

Thanks for looking!

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

[attach=4]

There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

WRector

Rhody

My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

troutboy_II

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

WRector

Just wanted to bump this to the top.  Open auction will end Friday April 30th at midnight....  Currently Troutboy_II has the winning bid at $25.00.

dossphoto

flip

in the voting for the charity to get the proceeds from the auction, what does the "Casting for Recovery" do? is it for our injured vets? Someone please let me know. thanks

overbrook

Quote from: flip on April 26, 2010, 20:29:10 PM
in the voting for the charity to get the proceeds from the auction, what does the "Casting for Recovery" do? is it for our injured vets? Someone please let me know. thanks

Breast cancer surgery recovery....the casting is good theropy for them.

flip

Thanks Overbrook, that is all I need to know. I lost my grandmother and a cousin to breast cancer. Because of them, about every 3-3 1/2 years I cut my hair and I donate to "Locks of Love"

WRector

Congratulations Dossphoto  0--0  Looks like your it.  Let me talk to WB to see where you should send the dontation and I will get back with you...

dossphoto

Cool!

If it is Smith River TU, I may run into BJ in the next couple of hours(depending on this freaking wind!).  I could take care of it then.  But either way, just let me know.

blue ridge angler

congrats doss..nice set of flies for sure... 0--0