News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Carp unlimited

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 26, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedition and Pockets

You inspired me to go grub around for some crick donkeys, bossman.  A couple to hand, and tied into two real tanks that found the trouble they were looking for, unfortunately.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Cheers!

Fin

First target, first cast, first hookup, first to come unbuttoned all within the first few minutes of sneaking down the bank. Despite that setback it was a decent day sinking flies in the murky shallows of this busy carp pond. Five to hand including one tank of 10lbs or more that quickly and efficiently ran me far into my backing. No fear of contracting corona here but a hot shower and judicious scrubbing were in order after mucking about in the shallows of this duck gathering hotspot.

Big J

Quote from: Fin on March 15, 2020, 09:29:52 AMFirst target, first cast, first hookup, first to come unbuttoned all within the first few minutes of sneaking down the bank. Despite that setback it was a decent day sinking flies in the murky shallows of this busy carp pond. Five to hand including one tank of 10lbs or more that quickly and efficiently ran me far into my backing. No fear of contracting corona here but a hot shower and judicious scrubbing were in order after mucking about in the shallows of this duck gathering hotspot.

My phone never rang...............

Fin

Social distancing.   :wave   

Dougfish

You carp shits.
(I might be jelly.)
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

The carps are out and about at my pond.  :cheers

made many cast to cruisers and feeders, the ran away...

Finally hooked a mirror and brought it to net, but as I was negotiating its surrender it got tangled up under a limb and it finally broke off as I was trying to coax it back under the obstruction.

V:; 

2020 #1 n!n
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Low light made it difficult to see the few carp that were out on my pond outing for the day! Waiting for clear skies and warm weather to return
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Went to the carp pond, they appear to be getting serious about the grounds being closed as they have tripled grr number of signs inside and outside at parking and blocking trails. So I bailed. No more carp fishing for a while
me -There's a season?

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Onslow

Went out to a place scouted years ago with the intention of perhaps scoring a few white bass, crappie, and bass, and maybe carp. Morning was slow until arrival at the main event occured.  Changed up some rigging, made a toss or two, then slurp.

After about 15 minutes of tug, yawns were about to set in. The pic would be more impressive if the fish were turned at the 11 o clock position. Body depth was about 8 inches.

Sadly, this fish is the largest I've landed.

After missing several sucks, this one was beached.  Screw a damn net.

After losing #3, I tried again to catch some bass for a spell. My son was tagging along, and had lost interest, and be bolted early. It was great to see the carp churn in the weeds. Hell that gets me worked up than rising trout. The carp were there, and hot, but conditions were not ideal. Cloud/Sun/Cloud/extreme wind gusts kinda made sighting more difficult.  A hat flying towards the fish will also scatter em.

Asparagus/spinach quiche made with ingredients straight from the garden.  Bless the meat, damn the skin, open your mouth, and cram it in. Life is good.

Dougfish

Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Big J

/'/  Nice carp work Ken.

itieuglyflies

Good stuff Ken and just before the latest Monsoon.

driver

I think Fin told me about this spot for carp. I've wanted to try it.