Gage Data for S.F, New River Question...

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 14, 2007, 16:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Does anybody know what causes the regular fluctuation on the South Fork of the new.

Take a look at the chart and every day the flow increases during the day and ebbs through the night?

Anybody know the cause?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Toilet flushes.....LOL

How else can you explain the size of those turd eat'in  bass?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

marty

"I think" Boone takes it's water from above the little dam right after the middle fork and goshen run togather to make the south fork of the new. i'm assuming (you know what happens when you assume  :-\) the taking of water for the town causes the fluctuation. *there is a disclaimer on this post that some or all of this may not be true
Marty Shaffner
Tri-State Angler Guide Service
www.tristateangler.com

Bloy

moon phases & tidal fluctuations  8@S
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: marty on September 17, 2007, 08:20:57 AM
"I think" Boone takes it's water from above the little dam right after the middle fork and goshen run togather to make the south fork of the new. i'm assuming (you know what happens when you assume  :-\) the taking of water for the town causes the fluctuation. *there is a disclaimer on this post that some or all of this may not be true

one would think that what comes out ends up going back in.... ???
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

marty

drinking water and the waste treatment goes back in on howards creek
Marty Shaffner
www.tristateangler.com

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: marty on September 17, 2007, 18:50:59 PM

you know too much!  ;D
me -There's a season?

croaker

Quote from: marty on September 17, 2007, 18:50:59 PM

The addition of turds from the wastewater plant is where the rise comes from in most flows  ;D
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

marty

they've actually found fish that have both male and female organs below the waste treatment plant  :o they say it caused by hormones from birth control pills. the treatment process does remove the hormones from the water. they've been finding fish like this for several years in the potomac river. just think the water from howards runs back into the south fork of the new and somebody in virginia drinks it  ???
Marty Shaffner
www.tristateangler.com

BRFFF