Stripers on the musky fly

Started by DRIFTS, December 15, 2013, 16:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRIFTS

Finally got the chance to get out...bout time! Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
nice to see the boat riding my ass instead of some fuk tard!Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
some cool scenery on the wayGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
cast all morning long...natta...till I switched over to the musky 12wt with a 8 inch shad fly/80 lbs leader...guessing they aren't leader shy! Had two drive-bys/misses and finally one on. Boated that bitch, took photo, threw bitch back in and got the he'll out of thereGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Dougfish

80 lb leader? Not leader shy is for sure.  :o
Good going Drifter. J and I have a bit of striper fever right now and this just feeds it.  bd;0

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Big J

Nice fish.  Biggest striper on a fly for you?

overbrook

Quote from: DRIFTS on December 15, 2013, 16:54:07 PM
nice to see the boat riding my ass instead of some fuk tard!

next time don't drive so slow and I would'nt be so close  :P

Nice fish .....I still can't seem to catch the striper migration on the Saluda at the right time  b';

DRIFTS

Quote from: Big J on December 15, 2013, 19:35:20 PM
Nice fish.  Biggest striper on a fly for you?
That is the best I've ever had to hand, lost a couple on the Staunton, cleaned my clock/broke my shit, so I never saw...but always wondered. The two other strikes I actually saw em, looked a big as any musky I've seen!  /'/

DRIFTS

Quote from: Dougfish on December 15, 2013, 17:25:37 PM
80 lb leader? Not leader shy is for sure.  :o
Good going Drifter. J and I have a bit of striper fever right now and this just feeds it.  bd;0
You an J need to hitch a ride, all it'll cost is a beer or three.

Dougfish

Quote from: DRIFTS on December 16, 2013, 05:44:27 AM

Let's make it happen after the first of the year.  -+;

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on December 16, 2013, 05:50:49 AM
Quote from: DRIFTS on December 16, 2013, 05:44:27 AM

Let's make it happen after the first of the year.  -+;

I've got a whole week off Christmas week.  Can fish any day from the 21st-29th besides Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Dougfish

The 23rd is the only day in there for me. Chill-ens coming home!

DRIFTS

I'm pretty much stuck to weekends till I find/hire/train new service writer/ shop helper

Dougfish

Being the bossman has it's perks, and it's pitfalls. I used to feel your pain.  b'; 
Like I said, I need to get past Dec. before the schedule can handle all day floats/drinking/casting my arm off/grilling on islands/hauling in ridiculous huge fish stuff. Then I'll audition to be one of your oar monkeys. We might have to mix up the music and brewski, though.  ;D

DRIFTS

Got the green light from my boss lady...fishn for striper Sat. & Sun. Seats open...just need sink and intermediate lines with anything shaddy like. I'm still trying to put this fishery together being I'm in a drifter

Big J

Quote from: DRIFTS on December 17, 2013, 08:06:51 AM
Got the green light from my boss lady...fishn for striper Sat. & Sun. Seats open...just need sink and intermediate lines with anything shaddy like. I'm still trying to put this fishery together being I'm in a drifter

I will be in one of those days.   d:b  I have a new number, so I'll give you a call in a day or two.

DRIFTS

Yo Ho, you be in for grillin shishkabobs? Load up your ipod or suffer through my bluegrass, etc... /'/