News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Missouri Bass

Started by brownhunter, July 27, 2008, 16:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownhunter

My family and I visited my parents in Missouri for the past week and a half. They live about 1 hour south of St. Louis on a lake, but my little brother has found a pond in the woods to the side of my parents house that holds some monster bass. He catches 5+ pounders regularly, and has one 10 pounder to his credit. I took my 5 weight, and he fished with his spinning rod. I caught several nice ones the first day we went, see previous report, but no camera as I wasn't prepared.

He took me back to the pond on one of the last nights we were there, because in his words "That's when the big boys come out to play." Well, only one big boy came, but it hit the popper and swam directly at the boat and I couldn't set the hook. Needless to say, I didn't catch any of the larger bass that inhabit this little pond. I enjoyed fly fishing for bass, but can't wait until I can get up and hit some of my favorite haunts before the start of school in 3 weeks. Here are some pics of a few pass and one green sunfish that I caught that evening. Hope you enjoy:

"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

troutphisher

Hu?......Ben, I thought you were a trout fisher???
Oh man, you have seen the dark side, shield your eyes....look away young man, it is hideous.

LOL.... just kidd'in....

Sounds like a fun trip.

TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

brownhunter

Don't worry TP, it just refueled my desire to fish the high elevations for fish that would stump these in beauty any day of the year. I didn't mind fishing for them, but all I could think about was getting back here and fishing for the trout that I love.

Also, I haven't been converted, it was just that the DARK SIDE was the only thing available at that moment in time   0--0
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Woolly Bugger

fish where/when you can!

don't pass up some water JUST because it doesn't have trouts in it...   ;hb
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

brownhunter

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 27, 2008, 17:09:14 PM
fish where/when you can!

don't pass up some water JUST because it doesn't have trouts in it...   ;hb

Wooly,
With gas prices the way they are, I believe I may have to begin thinking just that way. I'm sure glad the prices are dropping, but it needs to continue  ;hb