News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 07, 2015, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Confederate Memorials stay or go?

Keep them.
18 (69.2%)
Good riddance
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Woolly Bugger

They were on the right track when they made that second flag, just cut off that corner and they were ready to surrender!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Them boys won't back down

High schoolers suspended for protesting Confederate flag ban
http://nyp.st/1LjY1zs

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Here you go, the best stars and bars I've seen all year

Greensboro skin wars this past weekend

Artist: Cheryl Ann Lipstreu
Model: Katlin Tucker
me -There's a season?

driver

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: driver on September 28, 2015, 22:09:58 PM
does dood on the right have a nightstick?

What dude?

Oh, I see him, and it does look like protection from the grubby hands that might attend the show. #readyforabeatdown
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Just a prop for the theme of the body art
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutfanatic on October 17, 2015, 16:09:35 PM
what's up with the typo on Revolutionary? That is fixable...

It's fubared as far as I can tell,   #Dyslexicengraver

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 17, 2015, 17:20:12 PM

Quote from: troutfanatic on October 17, 2015, 16:09:35 PM
what's up with the typo on Revolutionary? That is fixable...

It's fubared as far as I can tell,   #Dyslexicengraver

Funny, but more disappointing is the gaffe in the chronology.  What was their reasoning?  Numbers over timeline?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

themidge

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/11/02/man-detonates-bomb-miss-walmart/75068846/

"A white male got out, lit the package and threw it in the vestibule," said Aguirre. "There was an employee on break, and the suspect told him, 'You better run.'

"The employee did run and was away from harm when the package went off. It wasn't a large explosion. It didn't cause a lot of damage to the store."

No one was injured in the incident. The remnants of the homemade explosive device have been sent to the crime lab.

A supporter of the Mississippi flag, Leonard railed against anyone who wanted it removed because it contained the Confederate battle flag. He spoke out against Walmart when the retail giant stop selling items that contained the Confederate battle flag.

Woolly Bugger

Rainy day walk-a-bout in Old Salem Cemetery

21st Infantry Regiment, formerly the 11th Volunteers, was a twelve company command organized at Danville, Virginia, in June, 1861. Men of this unit were recruited in Davidson, Surry, Forsyth, Stokes, Rockingham, and Guilford counties. It was assigned to General Trimble's, Hoke's, Godwin's, and W.G. Lewis' Brigade. After taking part in the Battle of First Manassas  and Jackson's Valley operations, the 21st participated in many conflicts of the army from the S even Days' Battles to Bristoe. It was then involved in the engagements at Plymouth , Drewry's Bluff , and Cold Harbor, marched with Early to the Shenandoah Valle y, and saw action around Appomattox . The unit sustained 80 casualties at First Winchester , 13 at Cross Keys  and Port Republic , 45 during the Seven Days' Battles, 51 at Groveton , 18 at Sharpsburg , and 24 at Fredericksburg . It lost 78 at Chancellorsville , twenty-eight percent of the 436 at Gettysburg , and 52 at Plymouth . In April, 1865, it surrendered with 6 officers and 117 men of which 40 were armed.

•OFFICERS:

Colonels Saunders Fulton, B.Y. Graves, James M. Leach, Rufus K. Pepper, William S. Rankin, and William L. Scott; and Majors James F. Beall, Alex. Miller, W.J. Pfohl, and J.M. Richardson.

Lots of history on this page: One example, ... His son Frederick Warren (Warner) Sheetz was educated at Virginia Military Institute and later joined the Confederate Army. Thus splitting the family north against south!

Lt. M.W. Norfleet was wounded July 3rd at Gettysburg 47th N.C.T. Company C

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

What is really interesting is I've seen figures as high as 115,000+ white soldiers (from AL, FL,TN, VA, NC......) serving the Union during the Civil War. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon