Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 07, 2015, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Confederate Memorials stay or go?

Keep them.
18 (69.2%)
Good riddance
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view Ken Burns now calls my home town of Walpole NH his adopted home town. We were a sleepy farming community along the Connecticut River which got bypassed by the interstate highway system. The family farms went out when commercial farming arrived and our main employer, a chicken hatchery where Rhode Island Reds were developed, got bought out and closed down. Ken and friends came to town and bought up most of the land and opened his studios and various sideline businesses. Several of my relatives now work for him.

There is some talk about an updated documentary of the Vietnam War - one of his producers has my story (which is not much of a story) - who knows  :P

Trout Maharishi

Al your story and the story of the guys you served with is one hell of a story. One that needs to be told, because very few have any idea of what really took place.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Judge orders Confederate memorabilia removed from Pittsylvania County courtroom
http://bit.ly/1EV9152
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

benben reincarnated

Been watching some of The Civil War series on pbs this week and realized I incidentally have most of the dialogue memorized.   I can't count how many times I've watched it in the past.

benben reincarnated

Little detour on my way back today from a conference in DC. 

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

Damn confederates are in the NYT crossword !
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

More than 20 students at a Virginia high school were suspended Thursday after wearing clothes emblazoned with Confederate flags, according to multiple media reports.

Montgomery County Public Schools spokeswoman Brenda Drake told WSLS-TV in Roanoke that 22 or 23 students at Christiansburg High violated the dress code and refused to comply when given the opportunity. All were issued one-day, in-school suspensions, Drake said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/17/virginia-high-schoolers-suspended-wearing-confederate-flags/32548179/
me -There's a season?

themidge

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 17, 2015, 10:03:40 AM
More than 20 students at a Virginia high school were suspended Thursday after wearing clothes emblazoned with Confederate flags, according to multiple media reports.

Montgomery County Public Schools spokeswoman Brenda Drake told WSLS-TV in Roanoke that 22 or 23 students at Christiansburg High violated the dress code and refused to comply when given the opportunity. All were issued one-day, in-school suspensions, Drake said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/17/virginia-high-schoolers-suspended-wearing-confederate-flags/32548179/

Wow. Wooly, We need a confederate flag banana emoticon thing.

themidge

Found here: http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/flags/other/confederate-0792/

This is good too:

benben reincarnated

Quote from: themidge on September 17, 2015, 11:40:30 AM
We need a confederate flag banana emoticon thing.

Here you go:

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon