News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Another nice Smith River Brown

Started by rjs123, August 31, 2011, 17:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

Got this nice brown downstream from Fieldale today on a beetle.  The rainbow hit my midge dropper.  Only caught two but Im not complaining. Ive tried beetles before but never had any luck with them.  Ill be trying them more often! :)

Not sure what this is but there were a few coming off the water this morning. Pretty big, maybe about size 12.

Transylwader

brownhunter

That's a nice brown, and it sure looks like the browns are getting better on the Smith. I know they shocked some real nice ones.

Glad to have you back because I could look at your photos all day long.
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

22midge

good job Robert.  Saw the movie " The Conspirator" and wondered if you did any of the still photos?? Saw the photo of Robert Redford you did ......nice
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

rjs123

Thanks all.

Peewee - I took that picture of Robert Redford after the filming of the movie so I wasnt involved in the filming. I have been talking to the art dept for the new Lincoln movie that Spielberg is filming here in Virginia though and I hope to get on that one. Daniel Day Lewis to play Lincoln.

Here is the pic of Redford I did last spring in New York City.  I may not agree with his politics but he was a real nice guy. Easy going and great to work with.

5xTippett

Holmes

Beautiful trout, keep up the good work.

OldDominionAngler

Nice brown and very cool photography.  I'm excited to see that Lincoln movie...good luck getting the gig.

benben reincarnated

Damn, nice lookin' fish and pics.    'c;

Saw the movie in question, pretty good if you are a history buff.  I had a definite case of deja-vu though because I was at Fort Pulaski the week before I saw the movie, if you've seen it, I'd say 70% of the movie is filmed in the fort.

Woolly Bugger

bug could be a yellow drake...

nice brownie..
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Nice fish! Scored about ten Saturday AM on the old special regs section. On and off the water before it got too hot. All on terrestrials. Hoppers, Crickets, EZC Ants, inchworms, beetles. I even got a brown and bow double with a hopper and ant dropper! 21" of fish the hard way.

Trout Chaser

Nice to see your reports again Robert!! 

TC

Trout Maharishi

When are you going to contribute something Trout Chaser? You and that other guy you fish with thinks no one sees y'all sneaking around down there 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Chaser

"When are you going to contribute something Trout Chaser? You and that other guy you fish with thinks no one sees y'all sneaking around down there"

TM,

Sadly despite living 20 minutes from SNP I haven't wet a line since the first month of the year  b';  A job change has really screwed up my fishing time.

TC

gamatt53

very nice. I was up there yesterday evening and also stuck a nice 15-16 brown (forgot the camera  b';). I think maybe the combo of weekend generations and the slot are starting to pay dividends