News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Pentax strikes again!

Started by Peddler, February 07, 2012, 22:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peddler

Pentax is up to their 13th. generation Optio. They have always been good all-around waterproof cameras with killer macro capabilities but this mother looks like a force to be reckoned with! It has all the usual features expected on a top-notch waterproof point 'n shoot cameras but the macro features on this sucker sounds insane.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/Tytelynes/smArcticHairyBugger.jpg[/img]]
It even comes in red to match Woolly's eyes.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Woolly Bugger

I thought that they were at 12th generation with the Option WG-1, you know somethin' we & Pentax don't know?

and I prefer Purple... a royal color...

okay, I found the WG-2, but not on Pentax's site..... go figure...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Peddler

Woolly Bugger

WG-2 Pre Order ONLY! Available in March 2012!

[attach=1]
p;-
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Peddler

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 08, 2012, 09:56:31 AM
WG-2 Pre Order ONLY! Available in March 2012!

[attach=1]
p;-

Yeah man... that be the 1st generation Optio 'cept mine's silver.
It's been a very good camera except the fuzzy shots from when the lens ring plucks chest hairs. It's high time I updated, no?

Woolly Bugger

it sounds impressive, has some features that I would like...

6 led lights(added 1 from the WG1's 5) for macro

1080P video

chest harness???

Extended dynamic range

Lower noise at higher ISOs

I might be interested, if / when the Olympus 1030sw dies... but what I really want is the new Nikon D800

Joy Ride - Behind the Scenes
Shot with Nikon D800

me -There's a season?

Stone-Man

I just bought a WG-1

Pretty damn impressive.  I will start taking some outdoor flicks when my back heals

JT

Stone-Man

This is my first picture with my new camera.  I did not let the computer do any of the light or focus adjustments .

I just took the flick and put it on here.
The flick is of a mayfly with stained glass that was made by our late friend Captain Jack West

JT

Rhody

I have the w90 not sure what incantation it is, but the one thing that I do not like are the hues of yellows when I shoot. Seems bright yellows on this camera always wash out, but reds and oranges are ok. Doesn't handle low light that well, maybe someone knows a trick to keep the yellows from washing/blurring?
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Stone-Man

Rhody,

Do you shoot your outdoor flicks in "Flower" mode ?  My previous Pentax  (A number 10 in think) and all other Pentax's that I know of shoot better in "Flower " mode

Also if you are using windows 7 , the "My Pictures" deal has all sorts of features to adjust focus and lighting settings, etc,etc .

JT

The Dude

I'd be interested to getting some thoughts and opinions of this:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/dslr/K-30_Black

Best of both worlds or worst of both?
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: The Dude on August 15, 2012, 11:34:46 AM
I'd be interested to getting some thoughts and opinions of this:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/dslr/K-30_Black

Best of both worlds or worst of both?

One thing I noticed is that it isn't crushproof or shockproof like the other outdoor cameras.  Don't know if your planning on taking it while bluelining, but I like to have something I can beat around a little and not have to worry about breaking.  As far as the specs for picture taking, maybe wooly or rbphoto will chime in.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

flatlander

I may be stating the obvious, but it's worth pointing out that "weather sealed" and "water proof" are not the same thing.  It probably won't survive a dunking. 

The Dude

I'm actually glad you pointed that out, because I had assumed the two to mean the same.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.